Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

BREAKING! US says China will return underwater drone

Ukshep    21,611

Washington (CNN)China has agreed to return the underwater drone that was taken earlier this week, the Pentagon said Saturday.

"We have registered our objection to China's unlawful seizure of a US unmanned underwater vehicle operating in international waters in the South China Sea. Through direct engagement with Chinese authorities, we have secured an understanding that the Chinese will return the UUV to the United States," Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said in a statement.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/34078796/us-says-china-will-return-underwater-drone-trump-slams-beijing-over-incident

One less thing to worry about!

Cinnamon    24,750
3 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Washington (CNN)China has agreed to return the underwater drone that was taken earlier this week, the Pentagon said Saturday.

"We have registered our objection to China's unlawful seizure of a US unmanned underwater vehicle operating in international waters in the South China Sea. Through direct engagement with Chinese authorities, we have secured an understanding that the Chinese will return the UUV to the United States," Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said in a statement.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/34078796/us-says-china-will-return-underwater-drone-trump-slams-beijing-over-incident

One less thing to worry about!

LOL I wonder how long they would have held onto that drone if Barry was staying after January? How do our military men and hardware keep ending up in our adversary's hands on Barry's watch? 

radio doc    373

i would bet that drone uses the same control software and hardware as the aircraft drones and other devices used in war.

after plugging into it and downloading it, do they even need to keep the drone. 

i think they got what they wanted.

and i sure hope im wrong about this!

i am sure that the navy had a "wire wrapped around a scew" in there some where to prevent this! 

Ukshep    21,611
9 minutes ago, radio doc said:

i would bet that drone uses the same control software and hardware as the aircraft drones and other devices used in war.

after plugging into it and downloading it, do they even need to keep the drone. 

i think they got what they wanted.

and i sure hope im wrong about this!

Probably right. This is the direction my thought is going in. For the chinese to just give it back. Uncharacteristic of them.

COBO Member    3,448

Every single one of you have a fish hook stuck. That drone has been around since the 90s. They program it to sound like different classes of subs to use as a trainer for ships and planes.

A close friend still works at the Keyport division of NUWC.

What could benefit the outgoing Admin more than being able to claim they faced down the dragon and the dragon blinked first?

Zimix99    913
1 hour ago, foxtrot2000 said:

didnt even know there was such a thing as water drones. wtf f**k this stupid ass world. no offense.

It's a scientific drone though, Not a weapon. Although unmanned subs do exist.

radio doc    373

i just saw a news item.

trump said let em keep it!

so guess your right cobo. 

i feel better about it now knowing there was no loss of any military secrets of value.

Ukshep    21,611
9 hours ago, Zimix99 said:

It's a scientific drone though, Not a weapon. Although unmanned subs do exist.

Then i'd be wondering if that drone caught footage of something it should not have under the ocean recently? maybe a wipe was in order!

Zimix99    913
8 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Then i'd be wondering if that drone caught footage of something it should not have under the ocean recently? maybe a wipe was in order!

Could be. Who knows what the hell China has been doing over there, But likely the way they have been acting recently this was more of a temper tantrum middle finger to Trump for the Taiwan issue.

Taiwan #1

Ukshep    21,611
9 minutes ago, Zimix99 said:

temper tantrum middle finger to Trump for the Taiwan issue.

It does seem like that!

Ronaldo   
Ronaldo

they will return the drone, but first they will reverse engineer it and start to produce poorly made copies with a "made in china" stamp on it... :P