Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

ANON

BREAKING: Chinese warship seizes US underwater drone

ANON

A US oceanographic vessel Thursday had its underwater drone stolen by a Chinese warship literally right in front of the eyes of the American crew, a US defense official told CNN Friday.

In the latest encounter in international waters in the South China Sea region, the USNS Bowditch was sailing about 100 miles off the port at Subic Bay when the incident occurred, according to the official.

Bowditch had stopped in the water to pick up two underwater drones. At that point a Chinese naval ship that had been shadowing the Bowditch put a small boat into the water. That small boat came up alongside and the Chinese crew took one of the drones.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/16/politics/chinese-warship-underwater-drone-stolen/index.html

18 minutes ago, ANON said:

South China Sea region

The next REAL war will be over that region i believe.

ANON
2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

The next REAL war will be over that region i believe.

Yep!

Just Joe

Interesting that the NY Times and CNN have differing accounts as to how the Chinese stole the drone.  CNN mentioned that research ship was there to retrieve and China came along side and took it - NY Times makes it sound like China just happened to find it...no mention they had been shadowing research vessel.

"It was Russian hackers....no China...no Russian...oh wait, China just stole something.  We must go to war with them all!"

"As your sitting president, it is my duty to protect this country and the world from tyrannical forces that have challenged our ways of freedom with their aggressive tactics against sovereign nations such as ours.  Because Russia has meddled in our elections, it was hard decision, but we have decided to suspend the elections as we pursue counter-action against Russia."

My predictions for today's announcement.  I'm putting $1 on it while it still holds some economic value.

Meh, the way I see it, China can keep the drone. We'll just cancel the 1.5-trillion dollar debt we have to them.

They chose their payment. Drone or Debt, and they picked drone.

ANON
11 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Obama will pay them 400 million for it. 

He's more worried about fake-Russian hacking.

LOL!!! In days of old, when we had P-3s up on Adak, we had daily "ready" aircraft. Ready 1 was to be airborne within an hour. We also had the Ready 1S (special).

One day, there was a private yacht that had gone dead in the water and the USCG had requested our assist in getting to it until they could arrive. The noob running the intercom in the hangar announced, "Launch the ready one S."

Everyone in the hangar froze in their tracks (except the R1S crew). Noob thought the "S" stood for SAR. Umm...not quite. "S" at the very least meant a race against Ivan to get to an USNS ship with a real problem.

Ronaldo

Next time, plant 10Kg of C4 on the drones... no... wait...