Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cryptic Mole

The Benefits of Beet Juice for Superhealthy Blood

Cryptic Mole    4,559

Published on May 30, 2014

Many people are familiar with the red beetroot, but did you know that this common produce market vegetable, when juiced, contains some pretty potent nutritional components you might not know about? Beet juice can be particularly helpful for not only lowering blood pressure and purifying the bloodstream, but also increasing athletic performance, improving cardiovascular health and reducing inflammation in the body.

yeppers    152

Love me some beets!! Baked beet chips, Chocolate cake made with beets, beet carrot and potato stir fry and my absolute most favorite of all is Beet Slider Sandwiches! 

BEETS ROCK!! :yeah2:

Cinnamon    24,873

I have some beets. I'm afraid of them. LOL What do they taste like juiced? The smell like dirt. 

Cryptic Mole    4,559
3 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I have some beets. I'm afraid of them. LOL What do they taste like juiced? The smell like dirt. 

It is some nasty tasting shit ever, but most people add it to apple juice.

You can also buy it that way with the apple in it, but it's still not so good.

It is so healthy, though, that those who use it overlook the taste for its health benefits.

The video has both beet juice and apple juice.

Cryptic Mole    4,559
7 hours ago, Iamawake said:

I love bottled beets. For that matter, anything bottled :drinkingwine:

It looks like you're drinking some red beet wine there.

grav   
grav

I love canned beets. I don't waste a drop of the juice either. It's also good with honey and ACV. Very good for digestion too. Dad always told us to finish supper with something sour. Mum cooked sauerkraut a lot, but it wasn't sour. Her dandelion greens and potatoes were my favorite meal. 

Sulie   
Sulie
On 1/1/2017 at 5:43 PM, Cinnamon said:

In large quantities, yes, they do smell kinda like dirt. Lol. They are awesome when combined with spinach. For a while, all I ate was salad that had a lot of both those ingredients. Okay, there was some chicken, and other stuff, too.

My skin, hair and nails, never better, without having to take supplements. 

grav   
grav
24 minutes ago, radio doc said:

ive had beet tops, on salads, and boiled with butter sauce. my grandmother got me started on this back in 65.

Butter, m.m.mmm. It qualifies as a raw food, right? Real butter. No *@×# canola oil margarine. 

Sulie   
Sulie
18 minutes ago, grav said:

Butter, m.m.mmm. It qualifies as a raw food, right? Real butter. No *@×# canola oil margarine. 

Lol. Is it hormone free?