Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

COMET OF THE CENTURY/RAPIDLY BRIGHTENING!

Ukshep    21,638

FULL UPDATE ON COMET 45P HONDA

Not long left till the new key dates on this comet! i am interested in seeing if indeed my article was right!

Jostler    2,216

I was most interested in this comet due to the potential all comets have for breaking up as they  swing around the sun.  That had me watching for the possibility that fragments might threaten the earth if a breakup did occur.  We're pretty much past that window of vulnerability now and it hasn't cracked up so even if it does crack up it would be unlikely for pieces to change trajectory dramatically enough to threaten earth with an impact.

The secondary interest remains, and that is the potential for electrical interaction with the  sun causing earth facing ejections that might concern us.  That potential will remain for quite  some time yet.  At minimum it's an event electric universe proponents are hopefully watching (I'm sure they are :) with an eye toward gathering observational data related to electric universe theories.

Its not likely to brighten enough to appear as much more than a dot of light to the naked eye, but for observers with binoculars it should be a worthy target.  Unless something changes dramatically (and there's always a chance) it won't be much of an event for anyone not taking special measures to  observe it.

Closest approach to earth is 7.4 million miles on February 11th.  It would have to be a massively powerful explosion for a crackup to cause any fragments to close 7.4 million miles of lateral distance at this point.

Unless is is dragging something smaller and darker in its wake....   :)   Always an "if"...even if it's such a vanishingly slim possibility it's almost not worth considering :)

Ukshep    21,638
1 minute ago, Jostler said:

I was most interested in this comet due to the potential all comets have for breaking up as they  swing around the sun.  That had me watching for the possibility that fragments might threaten the earth if a breakup did occur.  We're pretty much past that window of vulnerability now and it hasn't cracked up so even if it does crack up it would be unlikely for pieces to change trajectory dramatically enough to threaten earth with an impact.

The secondary interest remains, and that is the potential for electrical interaction with the  sun causing earth facing ejections that might concern us.  That potential will remain for quite  some time yet.  At minimum it's an event electric universe proponents are hopefully watching (I'm sure they are :) with an eye toward gathering observational data related to electric universe theories.

Its not likely to brighten enough to appear as much more than a dot of light to the naked eye, but for observers with binoculars it should be a worthy target.  Unless something changes dramatically (and there's always a chance) it won't be much of an event for anyone not taking special measures to  observe it.

Closest approach to earth is 7.4 million miles on February 11th.  It would have to be a massively powerful explosion for a crackup to cause any fragments to close 7.4 million miles of lateral distance at this point.

Unless is is dragging something smaller and darker in its wake....   :)   Always an "if"...even if it's such a vanishingly slim possibility it's almost not worth considering :)

I'm not expecting disaster from this comet. It's more of a sign... and what it does or does not do when it passes us in regards to Tiangong-1

Lets just say, bright comet... Tiangong-1 falling.... if those occur. My shit will be packed and i will be bugged out!

Jostler    2,216
15 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I'm not expecting disaster from this comet. It's more of a sign... and what it does or does not do when it passes us in regards to Tiangong-1

Lets just say, bright comet... Tiangong-1 falling.... if those occur. My shit will be packed and i will be bugged out!

I guess I aught to go read your article and take a look at the connections you're making there.  Tiangong-1 might be an issue...that's a big mutha...

Edit:  here's an easy link to Shep's article if anyone else is interested:

With my personal adherence to Biblical sources for prophetic understanding, looking at these things as "signs" also interests me.  We're clearly informed to watch for signs in the sun, moon and stars as the end approaches...always an interesting topic for me though I haven't yet discerned any  I am smart enough to attach a meaning to.   Signs SIGNIFY something...and I assume when one is arranged by God it WILL be something we can derive meaning from.  Interesting  article either way :)  And it's worthwhile  to keep alert and looking either  way.

dazedb42    386
38 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

yep but this time is close though :) Brightest comet in a long while!

Look forward to seeing it properly soon, it's gets close again in Feb next year too.