Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

The deplorable one

Fukushima Radiation is in the Water, the Food and It’s In Us!

The deplorable one   
The deplorable one

I will not eat fish from the picific. I'm curious on what the rad count is on the west coast as of now. I'm on the east coast but with the prevailing winds no mater where you are. Will be affected at some level. 

http://revolutionradio.org/?p=154780

Cinnamon    28,911
17 minutes ago, The deplorable one said:

I will not eat fish from the picific. I'm curious on what the rad count is on the west coast as of now. I'm on the east coast but with the prevailing winds no mater where you are. Will be affected at some level. 

http://revolutionradio.org/?p=154780

I'm lucky I don't even like fish. So I don't eat it, but I'm sure that's not the only way to get rads.  

The deplorable one   
The deplorable one

If your on the west coast also stay away from shellfish. I do miss my Alaska king crab legs though. :wacko:

Cinnamon    28,911
1 minute ago, The deplorable one said:

If your on the west coast also stay away from shellfish. I do miss my Alaska king crab legs though. :wacko:

I'm on the west coast. I don't eat any seafood, even without Fuku, too much pollution. Even in the Bering Sea.

zero   
zero

The accumulation must be getting so bad they don't think they can continue to hide it from the sheeple.

Lucy Barnable    5,393
40 minutes ago, The deplorable one said:

I'm on the west coast and there haven't been many crabs in the major grocery stores for a couple of years. They say the crab shortage is because the ocean has become too acidic from all the dead invertebrates like starfish and such. They say they don't know why they're dying though. Funny thing is, you can get crabs and shellfish at the Asian markets. So yeah... They're covering it up.

dazedb42    391

You lot should really read up on nuclear dumping in the oceans up until '93. The amounts surpass all of Fuku, then there is the fallout from aerial testing, 1000's of times larger than Fuku too.

There is no proof that this radiation detected is from Fuku. The dilution rates are such that there is nominally no risk to exposure. A flight in an aeroplane will give you a much higher dose of radiation than eating fish, eating a banana will give you a higher dose of radiation than eating this fish.

A bit of reading.

https://infogalactic.com/info/Ocean_disposal_of_radioactive_waste

From 1946 through 1993, thirteen countries (fourteen, if the USSR and Russia are considered separately) used ocean disposal or ocean dumping as a method to dispose of nuclear/radioactive waste. The waste materials included both liquids and solids housed in various containers, as well as reactor vessels, with and without spent or damaged nuclear fuel.[1] 

History

Data are from IAEA-TECDOC-1105.[1] page 3-4

1946 First dumping operation at Northeast Pacific Ocean (about 80 km off the coast of California)

1957 First IAEA Advisory Group Meeting on Radioactive Waste Disposal into the Sea

1958 First United Nations Conference on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS I)

1972 Adoption of the Convention on the Prevention of Marine Pollution by Dumping of Wastes and Other Matter (London Convention 1972)

1975 The London Convention 1972 entered into force (Prohibition of dumping of high level radioactive waste.)

1983 Moratorium on low-level waste dumping

1988 Assessing the Impact of Deep Sea Disposal of Low-level Radioactive Waste on Living Marine Resources. IAEA Technical Reports Series No. 288

1990 Estimation of Radiation Risks at Low Dose. IAEA-TECDOC-557

1993 Russia reported the dumping of high level nuclear waste including spent fuel by former USSR.

1994 Feb-20 Total prohibition of disposal at sea came into force

There is an acknowledged dump site less than 80km of the coast of Cali and yet this radiation is from Fuku....really? Sounds like someone is playing pass the blame to me.