Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

CSB

New York Times CEO calls for ad networks to ban alternative media

CSB    2,170

By Alex Thomas - 12.13.2016

Call to cut off ad revenue for alternative media is next level attack on free press

Speaking to the Detroit Economic Club, Mark Thompson, President & CEO of The New York Times Company, has called for ad networks to cut off advertising to websites they deem to be spreading “fake news“.

Over the last month we have seen disinformation piece after disinformation piece attempt to label legitimate alternative news outlets such as Intellihub and Infowars as fake news. Both CBS and Salon have routinely and directly called Infowars fake news while lumping them in with sites that are openly satire.

Now, in the next wave of attacks against the alternative media, we have Mark Thompson essentially calling for this website and others like it to have ALL funding cut off.

“As for the digital giants, I believe they need to think hard about transparency and accountability. Their ad tech and ad networks help make fake news so lucrative – here too they need to help the whole industry cut off the advertising revenue which enables the fake sites to flourish,” Thompson said.

Link to the whole post : https://www.intellihub.com/new-york-times-ceo-calls-for-ad-networks-to-ban-alternative-media/

:coffeetime:

Cinnamon    24,796

Thompson is the cover up artist on BBC for Savile the pedo! Now he's ceo of NYT! This is all a smoke screen to shut up alt media so we'll stop the pizzagate research. They know they can't be caught molesting kids because they can't win that one, even with the leftist tards. 

Iamawake    241
10 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Thompson is the cover up artist on BBC for Savile the pedo! Now he's ceo of NYT! This is all a smoke screen to shut up alt media so we'll stop the pizzagate research. They know they can't be caught molesting kids because they can't win that one, even with the leftist tards. 

This is a dangerous ,Subject. but IMHO, we need more, journalist, imagine, no news.

CSB    2,170

Makes for good click bate . My bad . I try to do some research on a subject before posting it .

I am glad that you were aware of it .. @Cinnamon  thanks for your comment !

It's a shame that it has gotten to the point where you can't trust anyone the fake news is out of control ..

Now that I have this daily job I am missing the time I once had to be on the net . I should be back on more after Christmas my job ends .

Cinnamon    24,796
1 minute ago, CSB said:

Makes for good click bate . My bad . I try to do some research on a subject before posting it .

I am glad that you were aware of it .. @Cinnamon  thanks for your comment !

It's a shame that it has gotten to the point where you can't trust anyone the fake news is out of control ..

Now that I have this daily job I am missing the time I once had to be on the net . I should be back on more after Christmas my job ends .

I posted some documentaries in the hard core forum about Savile and there is a lot of mention about what Thompson did while at BBC to cover for Savile. I just found that out the other day.  :/