Jump to content
Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Walk Softly

Who are you people?

Recommended Posts

 rocorollo    38

Excellent question. Solipsism is real to certain extent. There is definitely a duality or even plurality of existence.  Prove me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Walk Softly    2,830
10 minutes ago, rocorollo said:

Excellent question. Solipsism is real to certain extent. There is definitely a duality or even plurality of existence.  Prove me wrong.

I can't!  

I've had this thought before, but your last post on your quantum thread made me think of it.  

It can certainly lead you down a weird rabbit hole.  But, I think it could fit with the Bible.  Could being the key word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    21,637

We are all living in a giant matrix. Who wants access to the source code?

The passcode is: Rosebud!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Walk Softly    2,830
6 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

We are all living in a giant matrix. Who wants access to the source code?

The passcode is: Rosebud!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 rocorollo    38

Wow. Please forgive me if it is inappropriate in some way to be thinking about this right now:

Why would any of our actions have any affect on God?  They would not unless we are God's children. Do I care for another's children exactly like I care for my own?

Castles in the sky. Quantum castles in the sub-atomic lattice of light and matter. Castles made of phosphene becoming streets of gold lined with diamond street lamps and champagne water fountains. 

Comfortable beds and warm baths and macaroni and cheese. Every breath is an orgasm. Every other person is my bestest friend soulmate, and we can happily instantly read each other's thoughts.

This is typical language used to attempt to describe some future heavenly state we can expect if we are good. It's bullsh\t. We got to get beyond thinking. Period. We get beyond thinking and we enter the land of Yond. In the land of Yond, we just know, and words and phrases stop making us stumble.

What the ef is the universe? It's easy because there is no other. You can't pack up and go to a different one, being there is only one.

Duh. Obviously. The universe seems to work fine even without me knowing about it.

What was that? What did you say? You are totally effing wrong. This universe would not be here if it were not for you, yes you reader, not me writer, the universe would not exist if it were not for the fact that you know something about it, in fact you know so very much about it,  that I and the rest of the earhly human population should be thanking you right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Walk Softly    2,830
22 minutes ago, rocorollo said:

Wow. Please forgive me if it is inappropriate in some way to be thinking about this right now:

Why would any of our actions have any affect on God?  They would not unless we are God's children. Do I care for another's children exactly like I care for my own?

Castles in the sky. Quantum castles in the sub-atomic lattice of light and matter. Castles made of phosphene becoming streets of gold lined with diamond street lamps and champagne water fountains. 

Comfortable beds and warm baths and macaroni and cheese. Every breath is an orgasm. Every other person is my bestest friend soulmate, and we can happily instantly read each other's thoughts.

This is typical language used to attempt to describe some future heavenly state we can expect if we are good. It's bullsh\t. We got to get beyond thinking. Period. We get beyond thinking and we enter the land of Yond. In the land of Yond, we just know, and words and phrases stop making us stumble.

What the ef is the universe? It's easy because there is no other. You can't pack up and go to a different one, being there is only one.

Duh. Obviously. The universe seems to work fine even without me knowing about it.

What was that? What did you say? You are totally effing wrong. This universe would not be here if it were not for you, yes you reader, not me writer, the universe would not exist if it were not for the fact that you know something about it, in fact you know so very much about it,  that I and the rest of the earhly human population should be thanking you right now.

That's some next level shhtuff, right there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    24,796
3 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

And how can I prove you aren't all just figments of my elaborate imagination? 

 

I could give you a warning, would that make me seem more real? :chuckle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Walk Softly    2,830
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

:hug: Here I'll give you this instead. 

You know... I was just thinking the other day how there isn't anything better than a cyber hug.  

 

Want to hear a crazy true story. (as a side note, most of the time someone prefaces with "true story" or "I'm not gonna lie to you" or "honestly" it's fake. Next time you go to a restaurant, ask the waiter what his preference is between two plates, if he says honestly, or I'm not gonna lie, he is making shit up.  But not in this case.  Longest. Parentheses. Ever.) 

I knew a guy who's cousin (ya) got into lucid dreaming.  He got to a point where he struggled to know the difference between reality and dreaming.  It was compounded when his family put him in an institution and they put him on some crazy anti psychotic drugs.  

Anyway, one day he got out, I think they released him and he was trying to convince his mother that he wasn't crazy and she was only part of his dream.  He told her, watch this, I'll be right back next time I fall asleep.  Then he walked in front of an 18 wheeler.  

Dude never came back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×