Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Christians are least educated religious group in U.S., report says

Cinnamon    24,852

In the U.S., Jews were found by researchers to be twice as likely as Christians to have post-secondary or vocational education and Hindus are three times as likely.

WASHINGTON, Dec. 13 (UPI) -- Christians are by far the largest religious group in the United States, but a review of data suggests they are the least educated religious group in the country and that there are large gaps in education level between other religious groups.

The Pew Research Center found in a review of census and survey data that minority religious groups are far more likely than Christians in the United States to have post-secondary or vocational education, with Jews twice as likely to have additional education than Christians and Hindus three times as likely.

<snip>

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/12/13/Christians-are-least-educated-religious-group-in-US-report-says/9201481675111/?spt=sec&or=tn

Erm... really? 

One Step Away   
One Step Away

I guess one's take on this all comes down to how one views "education" ;)

RabidWolf    1,080

*looks at upi.com article* Well no shit, Sherlock.

The jews have the money and political influence in the US to get into universities and buy their degrees.

The other religions mentioned tend to run heavily in minority groups, and there are hundreds of Federal, State, and Local programs available to get them into college.

Since most Christians in the US are white, I guess they are just shit-out-of-luck for getting a so called "higher education".

Now, let's look at the less cherry-picked data from that poll:

http://www.pewforum.org/2016/12/13/religion-and-education-around-the-world/

Globally, the Jews are still kicking ass in education, but oh look, Christians are in second place.

The problem isn't with Christianity, the problem is US Affirmative Action policies.

amused   
amused

How do all the Muslim rocket scientist / rock throwers fit into this?

Jews are a minority religious group in the U.S. and many of those, hold duel citizenship with Israel.

Many are educated abroad to avoid the draft.

The U.S. is the new Canada for Israeli draft dodgers.

JLXC   
JLXC

Just shows the people who are not Brain Washed by "Higher Education" or as I like to call it, the "Piece of Paper Brigade".

You can't have an opinion without a piece of paper given by Institutions of Brainwashing.

f**k American "Education" should be called Indoctrination, because that's what it is.  People with lots of Education are the dumbest people I've met.

CSB    2,172

I have a friend that is a retired school teacher he said schools are not education, it is programing ; education comes from living life .

I think he is right .

Some of the smartest people I know never made it through high school . One worked for the company that I worked for, he was a blue print writer and was vary good at what he did . He never missed a number or misspelled a word . He made around 72 thousand dollars a year ! 

Lucy Barnable    5,365
3 hours ago, JLXC said:

Just shows the people who are not Brain Washed by "Higher Education" or as I like to call it, the "Piece of Paper Brigade".

You can't have an opinion without a piece of paper given by Institutions of Brainwashing.

f**k American "Education" should be called Indoctrination, because that's what it is.  People with lots of Education are the dumbest people I've met.

My sister has two masters degrees and is working on another one. She loves Obama (has his hope and change poster framed on her wall) and thinks people who question 9/11 are crazy.

The public education system is cruel imo. It does so much damage to some individuals. I don't know if I'll ever fully recover from it and I didn't even go that often.

zero   
zero

Report says.........

More Doctors Smoke Camels Than Any Other Cigarette

Iamawake    241
16 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

In the U.S., Jews were found by researchers to be twice as likely as Christians to have post-secondary or vocational education and Hindus are three times as likely.

WASHINGTON, Dec. 13 (UPI) -- Christians are by far the largest religious group in the United States, but a review of data suggests they are the least educated religious group in the country and that there are large gaps in education level between other religious groups.

The Pew Research Center found in a review of census and survey data that minority religious groups are far more likely than Christians in the United States to have post-secondary or vocational education, with Jews twice as likely to have additional education than Christians and Hindus three times as likely.

<snip>

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/12/13/Christians-are-least-educated-religious-group-in-US-report-says/9201481675111/?spt=sec&or=tn

Erm... really? 

Yes, and its by, Design.