Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Get into the front loader, it's on spin cycle with this one/A typo might have cost Clinton the election

Cinnamon    24,873

First of all, I don't believe there was any hack. I believe it was A LEAK by Seth Rich who worked for DNC and is now dead. Murdered and no personal effects taken from him. Robbery?  I doubt it.  They would rather have everyone think that hackers got to them, rather than an insider betrayed them.  Because hackers are way more exciting than leakers and a leaker would give an aura of trying to do the right thing, where bad ole White Hats are just bad. 

So now we've got all this Russian hacker thing going on. Well, yeh, I'm sure they are all being attacked constantly, but what this article calls "painfully avoidable errors" are sheer stupidity and negligence if there is any truth to any of it. It's from the NYT so read with your Fake News Glasses on. Let's all focus on the hack and not what was released. MMKay? Maybe there was a hack (for which they should be soundly smacked for the above reasons I stated) but Assange has all but admitted Seth Rich was the leak and he know/knew? that Rich was murdered.  He left a lingering doubt of course and then poof he was gone, too. Where?  Here's a snip of the article, more at link:

<snip>

Given how many emails Mr. Podesta received through this personal email account, several aides also had access to it, and one of them noticed the warning email, sending it to a computer technician to make sure it was legitimate before anyone clicked on the "change password" button.

"This is a legitimate email," Charles Delavan, a Clinton campaign aide, replied to another of Mr. Podesta's aides, who had noticed the alert. "John needs to change his password immediately."

With another click, a decade of emails that Mr. Podesta maintained in his Gmail account — a total of about 60,000 — were unlocked for the Russian hackers. Mr. Delavan, in an interview, said that his bad advice was a result of a typo: He knew this was a phishing attack, as the campaign was getting dozens of them. He said he had meant to type that it was an "illegitimate" email, an error that he said has plagued him ever since. [The New York Times]

Read more about how the Russians gained access to the DNC's emails

<snip>

http://theweek.com/speedreads/667177/typo-might-have-cost-clinton-election

WhiteHorse    591

Smoke screen!

I believe a good person or a bad person with a good  conscious inside the intelligence community, made sure those emails got to the right place at the right time. Whoever you are, you did the right thing.  

EMC2    285
19 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

First of all, I don't believe there was any hack. I believe it was A LEAK by Seth Rich who worked for DNC and is now dead. Murdered and no personal effects taken from him. Robbery?  I doubt it.  They would rather have everyone think that hackers got to them, rather than an insider betrayed them.  Because hackers are way more exciting than leakers and a leaker would give an aura of trying to do the right thing, where bad ole White Hats are just bad. 

So now we've got all this Russian hacker thing going on. Well, yeh, I'm sure they are all being attacked constantly, but what this article calls "painfully avoidable errors" are sheer stupidity and negligence if there is any truth to any of it. It's from the NYT so read with your Fake News Glasses on. Let's all focus on the hack and not what was released. MMKay? Maybe there was a hack (for which they should be soundly smacked for the above reasons I stated) but Assange has all but admitted Seth Rich was the leak and he know/knew? that Rich was murdered.  He left a lingering doubt of course and then poof he was gone, too. Where?  Here's a snip of the article, more at link:

<snip>

Given how many emails Mr. Podesta received through this personal email account, several aides also had access to it, and one of them noticed the warning email, sending it to a computer technician to make sure it was legitimate before anyone clicked on the "change password" button.

"This is a legitimate email," Charles Delavan, a Clinton campaign aide, replied to another of Mr. Podesta's aides, who had noticed the alert. "John needs to change his password immediately."

With another click, a decade of emails that Mr. Podesta maintained in his Gmail account — a total of about 60,000 — were unlocked for the Russian hackers. Mr. Delavan, in an interview, said that his bad advice was a result of a typo: He knew this was a phishing attack, as the campaign was getting dozens of them. He said he had meant to type that it was an "illegitimate" email, an error that he said has plagued him ever since. [The New York Times]

Read more about how the Russians gained access to the DNC's emails

<snip>

http://theweek.com/speedreads/667177/typo-might-have-cost-clinton-election

RNC adheres to security and protocol and doesn't get hacked. DNC ignores security, protocol, breaks the law and is overall inept and get hacked. Imagine that. 

But it was a LEAK!!! I have no doubt our enemies AND allies hacked HRC's illegal server and her illegal SAP but that's not where Wikileaks came from. Wiki was a leak. If it was a hack it would've been released on their sister site, Wikihacks ;-)