Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

foxtrot2000

Earth's glass dome and the giant trees

foxtrot2000    583

I read this somewhere on the net sometime ago, that a people, prior to us, noticed that there was a dome encompassing the world. Curious as they were, they wanted to know who built it. As their questions were ignored they decided to build a great structure to reach the top of the dome to ask. I don't recall much of what happened next, but I think the people were then destroyed. Does anyone have more information on this? 

I've been thinking that maybe instead of them building a great structure to reach the top they simply climbed the giant trees and maybe that is why the giant trees were cut down, if you believe in that sort of thing. 

2:48 my favorite part

Walk Softly    2,830

Yes.  It's called the firmament and that structure was called the tower of babel.  

You can find all the answers you are looking for in the Bible.  Specifically the book of Genesis. 

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Genesis 1:6 KJV

And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.  And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.  And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar.  And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.  And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.  And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.  Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.  So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.  Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
Genesis 11:1‭-‬9 KJV

Let me know if you have any questions!!

God bless. 

foxtrot2000    583
4 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

Yes.  It's called the firmament and that structure was called the tower of babel.  

You can find all the answers you are looking for in the Bible.  Specifically the book of Genesis. 

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.  And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.  And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar.  And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.  And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.  And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.  Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.  So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.  Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

God bless. 

Nice, thank you....weird hairy chested Hillary...:chuckle:

Walk Softly    2,830
23 minutes ago, foxtrot2000 said:

And may God bless you, as well. 

Thank you, foxtrot!! 

You may find this quick post interesting as it touches on the tower of babel and what God did after they tried to ascend to heaven via their own feats.   Ignore the alien video as it was apparently a clever hoax. :)

Alarm clock Googl   
Alarm clock Googl
On 12/13/2016 at 6:30 AM, Walk Softly said:

God bless. 

He sounds like a jerko. Don't build a tower. Or work together. Grovel in the mud losers. Wtf

Walk Softly    2,830
6 hours ago, Alarm clock Googl said:

He sounds like a jerko. Don't build a tower. Or work together. Grovel in the mud losers. Wtf

Good to see you again, googl.  I feel like we are bestest buds now! 

Awww... That meanie head God strikes again!  

Let's forget that there are rules in this life.  Certain things that, while we can do them, we shouldn't. 

grav   
grav

Velikovsky wrote that in a previous sun-age the sky was lower. Some even said the sky had fallen. Chicken Little became a fairy tale for children, and for adults who are brainwashed into thinking that ancient people wrote myths. Our history books should be labeled fiction, imo. Science books belong with sci-fi. 

Tarmalen    1,320

Perception correction.

Planet was stable with a race that worked together. Outside source did not like the power potenial of this race and tried to wipe it out.

(Note to all: Always remember that the victor writes the history. See above "biblical" reference.)

Think of current timeline.

We have one language via the tech "tower of babel" you are reading this very message on.

Can I not translate any language? Yep.

Do we not build lots of stuff? Yep.

Bible god/gods are not Gods but rather elongated stories that have grown in legend.

It is easy to blame things on an unseen force or to adulate it to a point of fanaticism as a control vector.

Walk Softly    2,830
21 minutes ago, Tarmalen said:

Bible god/gods are not Gods but rather elongated stories that have grown in legend.

So, are you saying that the God of the Bible is not a God?  Rather, the victor of some ancient battle so he got to write his own version of history?  

Tarmalen    1,320
14 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

So, are you saying that the God of the Bible is not a God?  Rather, the victor of some ancient battle so he got to write his own version of history?  

The bait....it stinks. Try a more obtuse approach and I might walk in. ;)

Walk Softly    2,830
Just now, Tarmalen said:

The bait....it stinks. Try a more obtuse approach and I might walk in. ;)

No bait.  Just trying to sort out your ramblings.