Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Federal judge blocks motion by Colorado electors to upend state rules in hopes of not electing Trump

Cinnamon    28,921

DENVER – A federal judge in Colorado on Monday denied a motion filed last week by two Colorado electors who want to upend the state law that requires them to vote for the presidential candidate who won the state’s popular vote.

Judge Wiley Daniel said that granting the motion to allow electors to vote against the popular vote "would undermine" the electoral process. He advised the two plaintiffs in the suit, Robert Nemanich, of Colorado Springs, and Polly Baca, a former state senator from Denver, that if they were unhappy, they should go through the Legislature to change state law.

<snip>

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/federal-judge-blocks-motion-by-colorado-electors-to-upend-state-rules-in-hopes-of-not-electing-trump

YES! 

Cinnamon    28,921

MORE from ^^^

The judge said voters had a reasonable expectation that electors should vote with the public and called the suit a "political stunt."

LOL I agree! 

radio doc    383

the judge should have dissbarred the lawyers for not knowing better and wasting the courts time with frivolity!

ive heard of lawyers losing their law license for things like this.

rule 11 sanctions i think its called.

Cinnamon    28,921
Just now, radio doc said:

the judge should have dissbarred the lawyers for not knowing better and wasting the courts time with frivolity!

I said exactly what the judge did, in another thread, take it to the state legislature. If I knew  that and the judge knew that, you KNOW they had to know that! 

JustATrucker    671
7 minutes ago, radio doc said:

Lawyer probably a uninformed liberal, who was probably high most of time he was in law school.. Then again he probably received a participation degree for just showing up. LOL