Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Colorado Electoral College lawsuit set for 3 p.m. Monday in Denver/Trump Intervenes UPDATE PAGE 3

Cinnamon    28,911

UPDATE: The state of Colorado responded Friday afternoon in legal filings that argue the electors must follow state law. “This Court should not countenance Plaintiffs’ attempt to dismantle the Electoral College from within,” the response reads. Find the whole thing here: 13-20161209-response-to-motion-for-preliminary-injunction

On Monday, two members of Colorado’s Electoral College will face a federal judge in Denver for their first hearing in a lawsuit against the state. They are suing for the ability to cast their votes on Dec. 19 for someone other than Hillary Clinton, who won Colorado.

The electors, former State Sen. Polly Baca of Denver and Colorado Springs math teacher Bob Nemanich, are both Democrats. But they hope they can persuade enough of the 538 Electoral College members to rally behind an alternative to Trump. Just one hitch: Colorado — along with more than half the states in the U.S. — has a law on its books saying electors must vote for whomever won the popular vote in the state on Election Day.

<snip>

http://www.coloradoindependent.com/162803/colorado-electoral-college-lawsuit-hearing

So, they want to install someone else. We'll know what happens in a few hours. What I don't get is this, why are the courts entertaining this when there is already a law on the books?  They cannot MAKE law in court!  It's done. That has to go through the state legislature to change the law itself.  

EDIT: So, what does this mean? They are not going to hear it or what? The response came Friday afternoon.  

COBO Member    4,308
14 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

So, they want to install someone else. We'll know what happens in a few hours. What I don't get is this, why are the courts entertaining this when there is already a law on the books?  They cannot MAKE law in court!  It's done. That has to go through the state legislature to change the law itself.  

EDIT: So, what does this mean? They are not going to hear it or what? The response came Friday afternoon. 

Regardless of who they want to vote for, like you said, the law clearly states... Now if they want, they can contact their state Rep's and get the law changed for 2020.

But being the cynical bas**rd that I am, I can't help but wonder if there's outside pressure pushing them. Can you imagine the butthurts' wails if these two succeeded?

Cinnamon    28,911
1 minute ago, COBO Member said:

Regardless of who they want to vote for, like you said, the law clearly states... Now if they want, they can contact their state Rep's and get the law changed for 2020.

But being the cynical bas**rd that I am, I can't help but wonder if there's outside pressure pushing them. Can you imagine the butthurts' wails if these two succeeded?

I smell Soros money all over all of this stuff. It costs $ to file suits. Who's paying? Follow the money, as always, because whoever wants to invest has an interest. :)

Cinnamon    28,911

The reason I say Soros is because he knows he can't do anything now. But they have longer range goals and the main one is to eliminate the electoral college altogether and put us into direct democracy. We'd have Hillary right now if we didn't have the EC. 

COBO Member    4,308
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I smell Soros money all over all of this stuff. It costs $ to file suits. Who's paying? Follow the money, as always, because whoever wants to invest has an interest. :)

Soros is the obvious go-to villain to see behind the entire oddessy of this election. But in this case, it just seems like a roundabout method. But think about the hate and discontent that would get stirred up!

The left keeps the fear of Trump carrying us into WWIII. I'm more concerned with a rev/civil war right here. And if some nutjob manages to assassinate him...it's on like donkey kong.

Cinnamon    28,911
2 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Soros is the obvious go-to villain to see behind the entire oddessy of this election. But in this case, it just seems like a roundabout method. But think about the hate and discontent that would get stirred up!

The left keeps the fear of Trump carrying us into WWIII. I'm more concerned with a rev/civil war right here. And if some nutjob manages to assassinate him...it's on like donkey kong.

I feel like we're less likely to have a war with Russia with Trump in. Maybe I'm missing something but the WH keeps up the rhetoric about it.  Yes, they are keeping them stirred up like a hornet's nest. 

thedudeabides    2,609
9 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I feel like we're less likely to have a war with Russia with Trump in. Maybe I'm missing something but the WH keeps up the rhetoric about it.  Yes, they are keeping them stirred up like a hornet's nest. 

War with china more likely than anything, always as been. I see Trump making Russia our ally, rather than Russia being china's ally though. 

LuckyBolt    1,794

Here we go...

"Judge Wiley Daniel, who was appointed by President Bill Clinton in 1995, will hear the case. " 

Wiley will surely find something to set a precedence, which will throw a wrench into the other states. 

Cinnamon    28,911
5 minutes ago, LuckyBolt said:

Here we go...

"Judge Wiley Daniel, who was appointed by President Bill Clinton in 1995, will hear the case. " 

Wiley will surely find something to set a precedence, which will throw a wrench into the other states. 

LOL He'll deny them because they don't want to vote for Hillary? 

LuckyBolt    1,794
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

LOL He'll deny them because they don't want to vote for Hillary? 

No, what I think they want to do is persuade rep. electors to shift their vote. 

Here. I posted this article the other day and it has some of the scheme in it.  Denver Post is evil.  This whole city gives me the chills.  I gotta get out.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/06/colorado-presidential-electors-lawsuit-to-block-donald-trump/

I'm sure the liberal army has this all figured out in how to disrupt the whole thing.  Persuasion and numbers.  Shift a few votes here and there to change the EC and turn it into a circus side show.

I'm all of of bread and popcorn.

Cinnamon    28,911
3 minutes ago, LuckyBolt said:

No, what I think they want to do is persuade rep. electors to shift their vote. 

Here. I posted this article the other day and it has some of the scheme in it.  Denver Post is evil.  This whole city gives me the chills.  I gotta get out.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/06/colorado-presidential-electors-lawsuit-to-block-donald-trump/

I'm sure the liberal army has this all figured out in how to disrupt the whole thing.  Persuasion and numbers.  Shift a few votes here and there to change the EC and turn it into a circus side show.

I'm all of of bread and popcorn.

She's admitted the conspiracy and what they are trying to do. Funny how all this crap is right before the EC is supposed to meet, isn't it? Like a well scripted cliff hanger, causing people to scramble to figure things out. Gawd, I think I'm going to be sick.