Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

COBO Member

Trump's Equal Opportunity Targeting!

COBO Member    3,448

Everyone got all butthurt when Trump criticized the cost of a new Air Force One. But now he's hit L-M for the folly called the F-35. IMHO, $$ would be better spent  (and a lot less) refurbishing the A-10 and reviving variable exhaust nozzles on F-16s (seen personally at Ames facility in early 90s).

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/12/donald-trump-cost-of-f-35-program-out-of-control/

COBO Member    3,448
11 minutes ago, someone said:

A-10 FTW! BBRRRRRRRRTT!

Let's not forget those Hoover-sounding engines...same as the S-3 Viking. "Hoooooover".

Jostler    2,216

The only thing I liked better than hearing an A-10 was the faint hum of a Spectre loitering overhead  :)  Both of those aircraft made me grudgingly say good things about the Air Force :)

COBO Member    3,448
3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

The only thing I liked better than hearing an A-10 was the faint hum of a Spectre loitering overhead  :)  Both of those aircraft made me grudgingly say good things about the Air Force :)

We carried our own "Air Force" out at sea. Came in handy when getting overflown by Bears and Mays. But the one time we could've used a little support, the USAF was at least an hour away.

Today, the only thing I say good about the Air Force is when I'm traveling and using AMC (the old MAC) flights. Heh heh...flew from Norfolk to Jacksonville a while back on a gov't-chartered 757. They make semi-weekly trips down to Gitmo and back. Cost me a whoppin' $4.