Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

C.O.W.

This addon Stops google from tracking your data!!

C.O.W.    232
1 hour ago, BornUntamed said:

I use Ghostery in Firefox and Brave browser to stop all trackers. I won't install chrome on my PC.

I don't blame you, in fact it is better to not use anything from Google unless it's Gmail/(webmail only)!!

This addon just protects users from the Google data takers, but does not stop what google is capable of when it gets into your system.  It is just an opinion but I do believe that the CIA has direct control over what Google is doing, and with their permission, so they can piggyback data for subversive collection. 

C.O.W.    232

Webmail is not subject to local exe's and therefore much more difficult to subvert even a basic firewall.
I would never put anything Google on my Cell!!

BornUntamed    436
2 hours ago, C.O.W. said:

Webmail is not subject to local exe's and therefore much more difficult to subvert even a basic firewall.
I would never put anything Google on my Cell!!

But using their email system, regardless of it being run from a browser or locally, still puts information in databases about you from your email correspondence.

Alien   
Alien

Do your regular every day stuff on chrome, build a profile of an average joe, Get ignored. Have secret personality on linux OS duel boot, No one suspects a thing

C.O.W.    232
5 minutes ago, BornUntamed said:

But using their email system, regardless of it being run from a browser or locally, still puts information in databases about you from your email correspondence.

I must have made too many assumptions on who would respond, this is a basic process and although in principle you are correct, the reality is, it is far easier than what is suggested to keep data tracking out of the internet's prying eyes.

It's not quite that simple...Well, here is just a simple starting point when setting up a new account that has been proven to work:  Manually place all advertisement in the garbage, google's algorithm then takes over while you cut down on data propagation and collection, been doing this since 1983 got it down to the basics.
Cheers

Walk Softly    2,830
9 minutes ago, C.O.W. said:

google's algorithm then takes over while you cut down on data propagation and collection, been doing this since 1983

Crazy.  Google was only started as a research project in 1996.  

C.O.W.    232
22 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

Crazy.  Google was only started as a research project in 1996.  

In 1983, I was serving as a SF - comms operator and worked on the original Internet 
Yes, Google, Bulletin Boards, basic 28.8k access, and Yahoo were much later : )