Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

The deplorable one

VIDEO: A ‘NORMAL’ NIGHT IN CHICAGO (WITH GUNSHOTS GOING OFF CONSTANTLY)

Ronaldo   
Ronaldo

Are you sure that video was not recorded in Rio de Janeiro? :P

The deplorable one   
The deplorable one
35 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Are you sure that video was not recorded in Rio de Janeiro? :P

Hahah. Idk I think they use grenades in rio as well. 

COBO Member    3,448

:neonlol: 

Now I'm offended. Clearly, we're hearing construction work as Habitat for Humanity continues their work into the night. <sarc off>

Now help me out here. Obviously the pistol shown above the video is loosely based on the 1911 design. But the end of the muzzle is too small for a 9mm/38 Super and too large for any .22 caliber. I don't recall any 1911s chambered for a .30 cal cartridge, but...

EDIT: OK, I've been ill-informed for years. Along the way, there have been 1911s in .30 Luger and 7.63 Mauser.

Jostler    2,216
4 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

:neonlol: 

Now I'm offended. Clearly, we're hearing construction work as Habitat for Humanity continues their work into the night. <sarc off>

Now help me out here. Obviously the pistol shown above the video is loosely based on the 1911 design. But the end of the muzzle is too small for a 9mm/38 Super and too large for any .22 caliber. I don't recall any 1911s chambered for a .30 cal cartridge, but...

rofl...you can sure enough tell the old military guys :)  That lower receiver is pure 1911, the slide....?   lol...I couldn't figure it out either :)  Trigger and hammer are not stock either, but hey :)

COBO Member    3,448
2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

rofl...you can sure enough tell the old military guys :)  That lower receiver is pure 1911, the slide....?   lol...I couldn't figure it out either :)  Trigger and hammer are not stock either, but hey :)

Yeah it looked a bit "Frankengun". Although the trigger, hammer, and sights were common aftermarket parts. I'm going to have to get off this phone into a real computer and track down the source of that .jpg!

OK, I can go with "old military". Not a fan of modern striker-fired pistols (God bless JM Browning), but there's a bunch called Hudson Mfg. That claims to be coming out with a striker-fired 1911 in about a month. I just don't see how anyone can get as sweet of a trigger as the original.

The deplorable one   
The deplorable one
27 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Mystery solved..."Airsoft".

Good call....  

COBO Member    3,448
12 minutes ago, The deplorable one said:

Good call....  

Can't take credit for this one. The answer came from some gunny buddies on another forum. At 1st glance it looked like a 1911 frame with a Beretta-like slide. But after the 1st of the year, I'm seriously looking at RIA's convertible 1911. 9mm and .22TCM.