Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

The deplorable one

"Ghost Banning” on Social Media – The Start of Systematic Censorship

Trypto-fan   
Trypto-fan

I have seen this and a program called Misery.

You post but no-one ever replies, because only you can see your posts and no-one else can. Sneaky stuff, been going on at some sites for over 2 years, CT sites. Funny how some people just disappear.  When people don't get a reply of a reaction they don't continue posting at that site I have found, and so have psych research papers.

Misery is a program that is an add-on to forum software. It randomly screws with a designated poster, disconnecting them 10% of the time, losing their post 20% of the time, locking up on them 10% of the time. Screws with people and isn't overt enough to be seen as utter deliberate, instead it can be written off to the site glitching etc. Neither of these soft methods require obvious trolling etc to get rid of an undesired poster. The poster leaves of their own accord in the end.

This has been going on for years, but not to this degree. Many things are censored online courtesy of Dr Google. People don't know, often because it isn't subjects they think about. Even CT sites, some subjects are auto-deleted and you get auto-banned upon hitting the post button. Now you might just get ghost banned instead.

Cinnamon    24,842
4 minutes ago, Trypto-fan said:

I have seen this and a program called Misery.

You post but no-one ever replies, because only you can see your posts and no-one else can. Sneaky stuff, been going on at some sites for over 2 years, CT sites. Funny how some people just disappear.  When people don't get a reply of a reaction they don't continue posting at that site I have found, and so have psych research papers.

Misery is a program that is an add-on to forum software. It randomly screws with a designated poster, disconnecting them 10% of the time, losing their post 20% of the time, locking up on them 10% of the time. Screws with people and isn't overt enough to be seen as utter deliberate, instead it can be written off to the site glitching etc. Neither of these soft methods require obvious trolling etc to get rid of an undesired poster. The poster leaves of their own accord in the end.

This has been going on for years, but not to this degree. Many things are censored online courtesy of Dr Google. People don't know, often because it isn't subjects they think about. Even CT sites, some subjects are auto-deleted and you get auto-banned upon hitting the post button. Now you might just get ghost banned instead.

We've been getting deleted off of FB and Twitter lately. :/ I guess it's more like a ghost ban thing. We can see it. But who else can? 

Millevolt    648
25 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

We've been getting deleted off of FB and Twitter lately. :/ I guess it's more like a ghost ban thing. We can see it. But who else can? 

Why can't this work the OTHER way... Start censoring BS cnn posts, and all these lame brain liberals!

Cinnamon    24,842
4 minutes ago, Millevolt said:

Why can't this work the OTHER way... Start censoring BS cnn posts, and all these lame brain liberals!

If people would post more and write original content, that would become a lot more feasible. We need more people posting info from more sources. Including their own original stuff.