Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

ANON

Trump @ Army/Navy game

sodbuster   
sodbuster

I watched this interview live, and two things jumped out at me. First, was Trump being asked by the major network (was it ABC or NBC?) on-air personalities if he felt humbled by the realization that in 6 weeks he would the President and Commander in Chief. Perhaps some degree of acceptance for the election results is starting to grow in at least a few of the people working for the major networks? Secondly, and I think more importantly, was Trump's response. He acknowledged that being the Commander in Chief was "humbling", "an honor" and perhaps most significantly for me, a "great responsibility". I believe those words demonstrate that Trump understands that America should never send our men and women into harm's way unless it is absolutely necessary. But when it is necessary, a real Commander in Chief never forgets the palpable responsibility  that he or she has for decisions that may result in great harm or even death for  American husbands and wives, sons and daughters and brothers and sisters. And I remember that throughout the campaign,  Trump was the only candidate that repeatedly talked about the horribly sub-standard medical and mental health treatment Vets receive when they return home. It is much easier for me to respect a leader who truly values the people whom he or she represents, and that with great power comes great responsibility. I don't believe our current vacationer-in-chief has ever acknowledged that being President is anything more than power and perks.