Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Brio

Nearly 7 in 10 Americans have less than $1,000 in savings

Brio    1,038

Last year, GoBankingRates surveyed more than 5,000 Americans only to uncover that 62% of them had less than $1,000 in savings. Last month GoBankingRates again posed the question to Americans of how much they had in their savings account, only this time it asked 7,052 people. The result? Nearly seven in 10 Americans (69%) had less than $1,000 in their savings account.

Breaking the survey data down a bit further, we find that 34% of Americans don't have a dime in their savings account, while another 35% have less than $1,000. Of the remaining survey-takers, 11% have between $1,000 and $4,999, 4% have between $5,000 and $9,999, and 15% have more than $10,000.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2016/10/09/savings-study/91083712/?AID=10709313&PID=6157437&SID=iwks06jsw500xkod00dth

Oblahblah loved the homeless so much he made 10 million more.

radio doc    383

1 thousand is my limit of trust with the banking system and the government, due to their ability to seize funds without due process. they dont need a justification anymore.

besides, paper is paper. and with the way they've devalued it, theres much more valuable things, such as jars of junk silver, tools, parts, test equipment. 

that way i can earn the paper money anytime i need to.

anything you trust the bank with or allow the government to know about can disappear in a "new york minute"

most ppl know better at this point, i think.

that's probably one of the reasons they want to eliminate cash?