Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Iamawake

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Iamawake    241

Hows things in your neck, of the woods..

:poorjohnny:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/polar-vortex-demystified-bitter-cold-next-week-in-canada/ar-AAloj9f?li=AA521o&ocid=spartandhp

Detailed ForecastIssued: 5:00 AM CST Sunday 11 December 2016

dateDetailed Forecast

Today Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness near noon then periods of light snow. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 22. Wind chill minus 33.

TonightPeriods of light snow ending near midnight then clearing. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 36.

Mon, 12 Dec Clear. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the morning. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 24. Wind chill minus 38.

NightClear. Low minus 35.

Temps in Celsius.

yeppers    157

12 here two days ago. This morning it's 48. No surprise that lots of folks are getting sick.

Hubby wants to move to Canada for work. "Hell no" is always my answer to that question! Way too cold for this old girl! 

Iamawake    241
4 hours ago, yeppers said:

12 here two days ago. This morning it's 48. No surprise that lots of folks are getting sick.

Hubby wants to move to Canada for work. "Hell no" is always my answer to that question! Way too cold for this old girl! 

We just got this cold snap, it was unseasonably warm just last week, around -8 to -10, with -38 you just simply cant stand in one place for too long outside. All depends on where in Canada you are, some places stay relatively warm in winter. But the trick is to find a place, where the Natives are friendly.

GoingHome    113

It was -17 with the windchill a few days ago.  Still hovering around 0.  I like this kind of weather to come around for part of the year.  No yard work for awhile and I don't feel guilty sitting around at home all day on the weekends.

Lucy Barnable    5,393
8 hours ago, Iamawake said:

We just got this cold snap, it was unseasonably warm just last week, around -8 to -10, with -38 you just simply cant stand in one place for too long outside. All depends on where in Canada you are, some places stay relatively warm in winter. But the trick is to find a place, where the Natives are friendly.

Good Lords! Your eyelashes freeze together in those temperatures.

I would totally hibernate!

Iamawake    241
15 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Good Lords! Your eyelashes freeze together in those temperatures.

I would totally hibernate!

Wouldn't take long, for anything to freeze together, Lucy.

Iamawake    241
23 hours ago, yeppers said:

I can't even imagine what -38 would feel like 😳

I bet they sell a lot of thermal undies up there! 

Yah probably lol, it helps just a lil lol

Iamawake    241
16 hours ago, GoingHome said:

It was -17 with the windchill a few days ago.  Still hovering around 0.  I like this kind of weather to come around for part of the year.  No yard work for awhile and I don't feel guilty sitting around at home all day on the weekends.

That's bbq weather lol

Detailed ForecastIssued: 11:00 AM CST Monday 12 December 2016

dateDetailed Forecast

Today Sunny near noon then a mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 23. Wind chill minus 33.

TonightPartly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Clearing this evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 32. Wind chill minus 44.

Tue, 13 Dec Mainly sunny. Wind becoming west 20 km/h near noon. High minus 25. Wind chill minus 44.

NightClear. Low minus 30.

Apparently, the Vortex just getting situated, it suppose to become bigger, and cover most of North America.

Lucy Barnable    5,393
10 hours ago, Iamawake said:

Wouldn't take long, for anything to freeze together, Lucy.

Geez, I don't mind cold weather too much but that's beyond cold!
You couldn't even go ice fishing in those temps.

:cold:

Iamawake    241
51 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Geez, I don't mind cold weather too much but that's beyond cold!
You couldn't even go ice fishing in those temps.

:cold:

Unless your shelter is on water lol, but for the most part, hunker down, wait it out. Nothing, will last outside for long, well Humans anyway.

Temperatures below -30 C and increasing winds will bring windchill values between -45 to -55 tonight.

Monday 12 December 2016

:poorjohnny: