Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

How well can you visualize in your head? I had a strange experience.

Cinnamon    28,889

I've been practicing creative visualization for about 5 years now. A couple of nights ago,  I had my eyes closed and was relaxed and not asleep. And all of a sudden I saw this man in my minds eye. I don't know him. But this was very odd because all I could see was this guy from the neck up and he was chewing on the side of his finger. Kind of like a nervous thing someone might do. 

Now, I am very good at visualizing to the point of when talking to someone or reading I can see what's being told or read in 3D in my mind's eye. But this was something completely different. When I practice visualization it's usually done by my thinking of something and seeing it. I wasn't thinking about anything at that time.

It was like this guy was right in my face looking right at me. Everything around him was dark, but his face was in the light, like in a room with a light on. It was more of a vision than just visualization if that makes any sense. 

If I ever see this person, I will recognize them immediately. 

What the heck was that?  It didn't scare me, I was more curious and it was like we were just looking at each other. I willed him away and he was gone. 

Ukshep    25,400
12 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I've been practicing creative visualization for about 5 years now. A couple of nights ago,  I had my eyes closed and was relaxed and not asleep. And all of a sudden I saw this man in my minds eye. I don't know him. But this was very odd because all I could see was this guy from the neck up and he was chewing on the side of his finger. Kind of like a nervous thing someone might do. 

Now, I am very good at visualizing to the point of when talking to someone or reading I can see what's being told or read in 3D in my mind's eye. But this was something completely different. When I practice visualization it's usually done by my thinking of something and seeing it. I wasn't thinking about anything at that time.

It was like this guy was right in my face looking right at me. Everything around him was dark, but his face was in the light, like in a room with a light on. It was more of a vision than just visualization if that makes any sense. 

What the heck was that?  It didn't scare me, I was more curious and it was like we were just looking at each other. I willed him away and he was gone. 

Someone was focusing on you a lot! Welcome to the world of psychic attacks! although this one might not have been intentional.

Cinnamon    28,889
Just now, Ukshep said:

Someone was focusing on you a lot! Welcome to the world of psychic attacks! although this one might not have been intentional.

I could have let myself get scared. But I went neutral. 

BornUntamed   
BornUntamed

I understand creative visualization, do it all the time through reading and it's the easiest way to clear your mind to fall asleep.  

I've never had a vision like that, though weird things have happened to me that are real but aren't real.  You know those things that happen like a dream but you wake up and have the effects of what happened to you persist.  In one instance I was dropped on my rear then I sprung awoke in bed, yet my tailbone hurt for the next three weeks.  

i hope you meet the answer to your vision.

Cinnamon    28,889
2 minutes ago, BornUntamed said:

I understand creative visualization, do it all the time through reading and it's the easiest way to clear your mind to fall asleep.  

I've never had a vision like that, though weird things have happened to me that are real but aren't real.  You know those things that happen like a dream but you wake up and have the effects of what happened to you persist.  In one instance I was dropped on my rear then I sprung awoke in bed, yet my tailbone hurt for the next three weeks.  

i hope you meet the answer to your vision.

Ouch! That would be annoying to have pain that long. I dreamed I got shot in the ankle and when I woke up, my ankle was hurting and felt like fire inside for a bit and it went away. I've never been shot so I wasn't sure how it felt, so I asked someone who had been shot and they said that's exactly how it felt. 

Strange things...

BornUntamed   
BornUntamed
5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Ouch! That would be annoying to have pain that long. I dreamed I got shot in the ankle and when I woke up, my ankle was hurting and felt like fire inside for a bit and it went away. I've never been shot so I wasn't sure how it felt, so I asked someone who had been shot and they said that's exactly how it felt. 

Strange things...

Yeah, strange things.  I started getting attacked when I changed my life.  If people could experience what I've had the 'fortune' of experiencing, there'd be no such thing as aetheism.

Cinnamon    28,889
1 minute ago, YourMom2 said:

Secret admirer? Did he look like someone you would date if he didn't have such a nervous habit? :biggrin:

He wasn't bad, but to have someone pop up in your face with just a face... then there's that habit... nah. 

Just Lookin    224
8 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Visualisation is an amazingly strong discipline to master. I work in the creative arts and 80% of my job is mental visualisation of audio ideas, 20% science.  I spent nights laying awake visualising my final product & immersing myself in similiar work from my peers. 

Mastering it takes years, ive been at it 17 years and im still learning on every new project. I dont know what it takes to master it.. im not even sure how i'd know i'd mastered it, Its just not something you ever stop learning.  

It is something that transfers over to everyday life. For instance, when i meet new people i tend to look deeper than what they initially present to me. ( i guess thats why i like this forum despite being a little more left leaning than the average poster). People are easier to deal with when you can deconstruct their behaviour and understand every behaviour comes from 2 basic emotions.

I may come across a bit like a hippy but it has served me well and taken me to close to where i want to be in my career.

**Just be aware, i'm not talking about new-age 'If you want it, just visualise it' kinda crap. I'm talking more about using your inner vision (thought process) to see beyond the surface level and recognise the foundation of any idea put to you. That deeper understanding manifests itself in a better product/service/relationship.. whatever it is you're working on.