Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Talon

REAL TRUE NEWS I’ve Been Making Viral Fake News for the Last Six Months. It’s Way Too Easy to Dupe the Right on the Internet.

Talon    716

This is the guy.

I’ve Been Making Viral Fake News for the Last Six Months. It’s Way Too Easy to Dupe the Right on the Internet.

I had written up a fake Goldman Sachs transcript days before, wherein Hillary Clinton is preparing a run for president and is speaking to the board of directors in 2014 about the coming threat to Wall Street and Washington power. That threat? Bronies, adult male fans of the cartoon My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. She has to explain this “Bronie Threat” to them and, in the process, describes a group of internet denizens she calls a “bucket of losers.”

When I tweeted the link and an image of some of the text at Tracey, I did it because I find him to be something of a self-important git and wanted to poke fun at him. I didn’t know at the time that there were Goldman Sachs transcript fragments in the WikiLeaks release.

The tweet went super-viral. It started an almost trending—but still going today—hashtag #bucketoflosers. A tweet declaring it a bad forgery was picked up by Malcolm Nance, an intelligence analyst for MSNBC among others, who tweeted to be wary of the WikiLeaks release.

Tracey, appalled by what he saw as casting doubt on the noble truth of WikiLeaks, declared me a possibly paid propagandist in Hillary’s employ. The two-minute Internet Hate was turned on me.

Now, I wasn’t recognized as the creator of the document, and I had never said it was from WikiLeaks, nor did the RTN article mention WikiLeaks. But by the end of that night, I saw a note that Megyn Kelly had just apologized for reading it on the air.

My blood froze. That was not a good feeling. I went desperately looking for a video and I found one. She was talking to 4 people about the leaks and, while 90 percent of her discussion was on the actual WikiLeaks, she at one point awkwardly stated that it appeared Hillary had referred to Sanders supporters as a “Bucket of Losers.”

I was stunned. I found a clip of her retraction later saying that was false—but not divorcing the statement from WikiLeaks. Howard Kurtz apparently also read the “bucket of losers” tag on the air and didn’t retract.

That, plus the Nance tweet, had some impact on the WikiLeaks reception. This was entirely unintentional, but Russia’s state-sponsored news agency Sputnik, of course, saw a conspiracy. A hilarious conspiracy:

That did not stop Nance, who with a firm intelligence background should have been able to easily spot the fake with “(chaos)” actually written in the side bar and “((makes air quotes))” written before the “bucket of losers” piece in the completely comical so-called transcript, from referencing the document and saying: “Official Warning: #PodestaEmails are already proving to be riddled with obvious forgeries & #blackpropaganda not even professionally done.”

Cinnamon    28,899

Damn this person to hell.  Real True News articles have made their way here, too, I remember the name.  Anything from there, will be labeled as HOAX from now on if it gets posted here.  

I would look into how Enron fell apart.  They used a "Fall Guy" on purpose, as many of these companies that go under do, in order to prevent bad circumstances for those around them that actually were under the awares of the happenings.  

This guy is wasting so much time admitting to stuff he's purportedly done, all seems benign to me and never would've changed my opinions on Clinton or Trump.  

In fact, this seems craftfully narcissistic.  He thinks he changed the outcome of the election on his own somehow? He also seems to think he's played each and every conservative, many of whom would've voted Republican regardless of who the nominee was (or drama surrounding).

It's good to be upset with the dude, but were we played? really? mreh.  I wouldn't fall into that "oh gawd, we're all victims here."...no.  He wants that power.  I don't even know who the fk he is and only heard one of these stories, and that story had nothing to do with my choice in president.  

Malevolent    3,448

It is getting ridiculous now MSM have absolutely no credibility left.  Even the sheeple are beginning to wake up..

SOURCE

The whole “fake news” angle the left has cobbled together to try to discredit right-leaning news agencies has really come to backfire as people have become more discerning about the “information” they receive from all sources.

On MSNBC Friday afternoon, host Stephanie Ruhle apologized on air for falsely claiming in an earlier segment that Fox News had held its Christmas party at President-elect Donald Trump’s new hotel in Washington, D.C., Mediaite reported.

In a discussion with Democrat strategist Lis Smith and Republican strategist Brad Todd, Ruhle claimed Fox News had held its holiday festivities at Trump’s new hotel and implied that it might be “hinky.”

“Think about the hotel in Washington right now. The RNC (Republican National Committee) is having their Christmas party there. Fox News had their Christmas party there. That doesn’t feel a little hinky?” she asked of Todd.

And then!

“This is some serious business that I need to share,” she began. “I need to apologize to the audience. Earlier today in a segment I stated that the Fox network held their holiday party at Trump’s D.C. hotel. I was wrong.”

Malevolent    3,448
19 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

@Malevolent The problem with their retractions is they are never as dramatic and splashy as when they are breathlessly spouting the lies.

The strategy actually works very well.  The first part is dramatised with so much melodrama and additional verbal and images as can possibly be.  Thousands of people talk about it and spread the falsehood and as it always works, it gets an extra tail-section every time the story is retold.  Now, when we get to the lame-ass apology it is quickly dealt with and without the fanfare.  Now, what does the libtard Joe Sheeple say?  "I suppose Trump and all his money got to them again!"