Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

ANON

BREAKING: Rex Tillerson of ExxonMobil Expected to Be Named Trump's Secretary of State

ANON   
ANON

Donald Trump is expected to nominate ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson as his secretary of state, two sources close to the transition process told NBC News on Saturday.

The 64-year-old veteran oil executive has no government or diplomatic experience. The pick would put to rest weeks-long speculation of who would earn the post as the U.S.'s top diplomat, and would place Tillerson fourth in line to the presidency.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/rex-tillerson-exxon-mobil-expected-be-named-trump-s-secretary-n694371

ANON   
ANON

UPDATE!!

Report: Mitt Romney Fired; Trump Chooses Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State

read:http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/12/10/report-mitt-romney-fired-exxon-ceo-rex-tillerson-secretary-state/

Mehitable    1,741

This is a very bad idea and I hope it's just a fake out by Trump to take attention away from another possible choice. Tillerson has extremely obvious conflict of interest problems with Exxon, and the SoS should  not be someone dominated by 1 company and 1 industry. This confirms all the beliefs many people have, including me, that our foreign policies are ONLY about oil and very little else (like freedom, democracy, etc). It also ties into the Russian paranoia as Tillerson has close ties to Putin and his being SoS could very much benefit Exxon's dealings in Russia. VERY VERY BAD CHOICE. I'm actually rather shocked he'd even be on Trump's list, and very disappointed that so many of Trump's supporters are willing to give him a pass on this. I have been roundly criticized for even bringing up these issues in other forums.  We have to recognize that even those of us who support Trump in general recognize that he can make mistakes like anyone else. THIS is a mistake.