Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Sky Cat

FBI Sent Planeload of Agents to Frame Assange in Iceland, Got Snubbed by Minister

Sky Cat   
Sky Cat

FBI Sent Planeload of Agents to Frame Assange in Iceland, Got Snubbed by Minister

The US sent a “planeload of FBI agents” to Iceland in 2011 to frame WikiLeaks and its co-founder Julian Assange, according to a former Icelandic minister of interior, who refused them any cooperation and asked them to cease their activities.

In June 2011, Obama administration implied to Iceland's authorities they had knowledge of hackers wanting to destroy software systems in the country, and offered help, then-Interior Minister Ogmundur Jonasson, said in an interview with the Katoikos publication.

However, Jonasson said he instantly became “suspicious” of the US good intentions, “well aware that a helping hand might easily become a manipulating hand.”

Later in the summer 2011, the US “sent a planeload of FBI agents to Iceland seeking our cooperation in what I understood as an operation set up to frame Julian Assange and WikiLeaks,” Jonasson said.

Icelanders seemed like a tough nut to crack, though.

“Since they had not been authorized by the Icelandic authorities to carry out police work in Iceland and since a crack-down on WikiLeaks was not on my agenda, to say the least, I ordered that all cooperation with them be promptly terminated and I also made it clear that they should cease all activities in Iceland immediately,” the politician said.

So the US were told to leave, and moreover, the politician made things quite clear for them.

“If I had to take sides with either WikiLeaks or the FBI or CIA, I would have no difficulty in choosing: I would be on the side of WikiLeaks,” he said.

http://www.rt.com/news/369878-iceland-fbi-assange-minister/

Ukshep    25,466
3 hours ago, Sky Cat said:

The US sent a “planeload of FBI agents” to Iceland in 2011 to frame WikiLeaks and its co-founder Julian Assange, according to a former Icelandic minister of interior, who refused them any cooperation and asked them to cease their activities.

In June 2011, Obama administration implied to Iceland's authorities they had knowledge of hackers wanting to destroy software systems in the country, and offered help, then-Interior Minister Ogmundur Jonasson, said in an interview with the Katoikos publication.

However, Jonasson said he instantly became “suspicious” of the US good intentions, “well aware that a helping hand might easily become a manipulating hand.”

Later in the summer 2011, the US “sent a planeload of FBI agents to Iceland seeking our cooperation in what I understood as an operation set up to frame Julian Assange and WikiLeaks,” Jonasson said.

Icelanders seemed like a tough nut to crack, though.

“Since they had not been authorized by the Icelandic authorities to carry out police work in Iceland and since a crack-down on WikiLeaks was not on my agenda, to say the least, I ordered that all cooperation with them be promptly terminated and I also made it clear that they should cease all activities in Iceland immediately,” the politician said.

So the US were told to leave, and moreover, the politician made things quite clear for them.

“If I had to take sides with either WikiLeaks or the FBI or CIA, I would have no difficulty in choosing: I would be on the side of WikiLeaks,” he said.

http://www.rt.com/news/369878-iceland-fbi-assange-minister/

..... Hmm.... But Assange is very likely compromised!

Trypto-fan   
Trypto-fan

FBI is only domestic, it would have been the CIA not the FBI. FBI doesn't do out of nation operations.

I still have yet to read something from wikileaks that wasn't true...but the site is supposed to be compromised. Has anyone really thought that through. A site that is supposed to be compromised whacks the crap out of the Hilliary campaign and she is the establishment figure in the election yet the site is compromised and under the direction and control of the CIA. Why would the CIA want their own establishment figurehead to lose. Does that make any sense on any level?

If Wikileaks was an operation run by US intel why has is published so many things compromising to US interested and intelligence? Cable-gate where what US diplomats really said about the nations they were serving in and what their instructions were along with the spying on allies by the USA which stuffed the US German relationship and harmed many others just to name one.

The truth of the deliberate bombing of hospitals by US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, a deliberate act designed to demoralize the opposition. Would a CIA run operation really publish anything like that?

On the other hand if you were sick of being hacked and exposed over and over you would want to stop people from posting their hacks and leaks at that site and you would go to any lengths to suppress or discredit that site.

Quite frankly everyone who has said wikileaks is compromised I have put on a suspect list. That is what you have to do these days to sort the agents from the interested. Find out the stance agents would be told to take and list every person who takes whose stances. Takes time but you do see the shills clearly after a few months of observation. They can't help themselves, it is their job to challenge or discredit certain subjects or people. To do their job they have to give themselves away.

Cinnamon    28,948
2 hours ago, Trypto-fan said:

FBI is only domestic, it would have been the CIA not the FBI. FBI doesn't do out of nation operations.

I still have yet to read something from wikileaks that wasn't true...but the site is supposed to be compromised. Has anyone really thought that through. A site that is supposed to be compromised whacks the crap out of the Hilliary campaign and she is the establishment figure in the election yet the site is compromised and under the direction and control of the CIA. Why would the CIA want their own establishment figurehead to lose. Does that make any sense on any level?

If Wikileaks was an operation run by US intel why has is published so many things compromising to US interested and intelligence? Cable-gate where what US diplomats really said about the nations they were serving in and what their instructions were along with the spying on allies by the USA which stuffed the US German relationship and harmed many others just to name one.

The truth of the deliberate bombing of hospitals by US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, a deliberate act designed to demoralize the opposition. Would a CIA run operation really publish anything like that?

On the other hand if you were sick of being hacked and exposed over and over you would want to stop people from posting their hacks and leaks at that site and you would go to any lengths to suppress or discredit that site.

Quite frankly everyone who has said wikileaks is compromised I have put on a suspect list. That is what you have to do these days to sort the agents from the interested. Find out the stance agents would be told to take and list every person who takes whose stances. Takes time but you do see the shills clearly after a few months of observation. They can't help themselves, it is their job to challenge or discredit certain subjects or people. To do their job they have to give themselves away.

I don't believe wikileaks was compromised before, but how do we know they are not now?  Assange had his internet yanked, the voice appearances could easily be faked and we've not seen him in how long?  To not take this into account and blanket accuse people of being agents if they think they are compromised at this point is a bit myopic. 

What do you think about Snowden? I've seen him maligned and frankly, I've never heard a thing come out of his mouth that didn't sound like he wanted to restore America to the Constitution and Bill of Rights and stop the illegal activities of the 3 letter agencies.  I never did get where the detractors were coming from on him. But then, I don't have time to investigate every detail of every conspiracy out there, so maybe I missed something along the way, however, I don't think I did.