Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Talon

6 Execs from Pharma Co. who Lobbied for Illegal Pot, Arrested for Bribing Docs to Push Deadly Fentanyl

Talon    716

Insys Therapeutics, the company who makes insane profits from a drug behind one of the worst overdose epidemics in the nation’s history, fentanyl, is in hot water — again.

According to Reuters, six former Insys Therapeutics Inc executives and managers were arrested on Thursday on charges that they engaged in a nationwide scheme to bribe doctors to prescribe a drug containing the opioid fentanyl, U.S. prosecutors said.

Along with the executives, Michael Baich, the former CEO, was also charged in an indictment filed in federal court in Boston this week.

They have all been brought up on charges of racketeering for their scheme.

“Patient safety is paramount, and prescriptions for these highly addictive drugs, especially fentanyl, which is among the most potent and addictive opioids, should be prescribed without the influence of corporate money,” Carmen M. Ortiz, the United States attorney in Massachusetts, said in a statement. “I hope that today’s charges send a clear message that we will continue to attack the opioid epidemic from all angles, whether it is corporate greed or street-level dealing.”

What makes this information so damning and hypocritical is that in September, the Free Thought Project helped to expose Insys Therapeutics for paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep marijuana, a plant that has never killed anyone, illegal.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/6-execs-insys-lobbied-weed-illegal-fentynal/

Cinnamon    28,948

They invested a ton to push this on people.  There's no end to the evil ways to fleece and sicken the public. Glad they got something out of it as far as punishment. They should charge the vaccine pushers with racketeering as well. 

RetiredRogue    168

My father was prescribed Valium in May/1968 by his doctor for anxiety and lived to April/2014. Every doctor he had after the first one that gave him the prescription would not take him off of Valium. It took him being kicked out of two nursing homes and third one saying they would take him back if you get him off of Valium. We had to put him in a lockdown drying out unit for almost 40 days to get him off of Valium he had been on to May/2008 "FORTY YEARS". Before the forty days were up Dad ending up having to be tied in a wheelchair, because he was falling when he tried to walk. After that, the third nursing home took him back and he did fine (including walking) until he passed away from old age.  None of his five-six doctor over his lifetime ever tried to get him off of Valium.  So yes, we have a problem with doctors, it's all about money. 

Cinnamon    28,948
24 minutes ago, RetiredRogue said:

My father was prescribed Valium in May/1968 by his doctor for anxiety and lived to April/2014. Every doctor he had after the first one that gave him the prescription would not take him off of Valium. It took him being kicked out of two nursing homes and third one saying they would take him back if you get him off of Valium. We had to put him in a lockdown drying out unit for almost 40 days to get him off of Valium he had been on to May/2008 "FORTY YEARS". Before the forty days were up Dad ending up having to be tied in a wheelchair, because he was falling when he tried to walk. After that, the third nursing home took him back and he did fine (including walking) until he passed away from old age.  None of his five-six doctor over his lifetime ever tried to get him off of Valium.  So yes, we have a problem with doctors, it's all about money. 

I don't like doctors, most of them have a God complex and they don't like me either because I question everything they say. They're not used to it. I avoid them unless I'm bleeding or have broken bones. Trauma docs are the shit! But the rest of them have no idea what they are doing to people. I see people going to them for chronic diseases and they never get better, they always get worse. A couple have taken their health into their own hands and survived the medical system, but most are afraid to try anything other than what "the doctor says".  They're actually afraid of them to a degree.  f**k authority in all forms.