Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Malevolent

A mechanical device that seems to run forever....

Malevolent    2,924

@Sky Cat - I found this quite fascinating.  Would like to hear your take on it.  By the looks of it it seems to be perpetual, however I wonder what is "hidden" in the foot-piece of the device.

Sky Cat   
Sky Cat

Ah, good one, @Malevolent , I had actually seen this video a couple of years ago and forgot about it.  Quite interesting, to say the least(!)  Yes, who knows what's under the thing though. :hmm:

As I have always suspected, there IS energy to be made use of in magnets!  Behold, heat from permanent magnets:

Uncle Nobby    1,270

Was it JP Morgan that said something like - "free electricity..??  great idea, but where do we put the meters?"

^^^^^^^looks like it really could work^^^^^^^

Mehitable    1,465

This is absolutely fascinating - thanks so much for posting. Amazing to think that the key to free energy might be found in the yin/yang symbol!

Mehitable    1,465

I guess the next step would be to see if this self contained perpetual motion machine could be used to drive action for other machines thus making it a practical energy source.  I wonder how much energy could be derived from upscaling this model and using it to say, power the electricity in a house? The potential is fascinating.

Ronaldo   
Ronaldo

It's more easy to harvest electricity from the atmosphere... It's so simple... :P

Malevolent    2,924

Well Ronaldo, you have now effectively opened another tin of worms.  This one has infinite possibilities and is as interesting if not more...

Think of the possibilities surrounding the discovery!  This could potentially change a lot of things once further development is done!  Imagine if you add the power of magnets to the power of graphene...

OK so I watched this again and did some pondering.

It is 2025 Graphene is used in almost all daily appliances and electronic equipment.

James (Me) sits at the pool while his "gadget" displays a perfect hologram of an office.  The "gadget" is no bigger than a wristwatch but is jam-packed with graphene technology.  It acts simultaneously as watch, cellular phone, computer CPU (keyboard and mouse are a holographic display on the table top.)  James need to go to a meeting, he walks to the car, opens the door and places the "gadget" into a docking port in the dashboard.  Immediately a screen appears where the destination is selected.  "Go!" and James relaxes while his vehicle is self-driven to the destination while inside James carries on with his daily activities etc.

"Gadget" acts as the power source (battery- but that is so yesteryear) for the vehicle as well - vehicle cannot be driven or moved without "gadget".

"Gadget" controls the locks and lighting at home - there is no longer any need for keys etc...

"Gadget" effectively becomes AI driven by the graphene technology...