Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Philly judge: Decision coming Monday on Stein's petition for statewide recount

Cinnamon    24,625

A federal judge in Philadelphia will rule Monday on the Green Party-backed petition for a Pennsylvania recount, leaving just one day before the state needs to certify its presidential vote total for the electoral college.

<snip>

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/presidential/20161210_Philly_judge__Decison_coming_Monday_on_Stein_s_petition_for_statewide_recount.html

WTF? He's had this ALL week long, said ruling would be today and now it's Monday, ONE DAY before certification. What a cluster f**k of epic proportions! 

sodbuster   
sodbuster

I could be wrong, but I thought the hearing was today. I think the decision to wait until Monday is not necessarily bad. If the Judge truly concluded that there was sufficient reason to order the recount, it makes sense to me that with the deadline looming, he would have issued his order immediately to begin. One interpretation I see is that he will deny the request, and wants the weekend to have his clerks draft a good, solid written Order.