Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

NowServingNumber52

WTF? Looking to buy a classy pet rock this holiday season? rock -SOLD OUT online

Looking to buy a classy pet rock this holiday season? Believe it or not, a lot of people were.

An $85 leather-wrapped stone -- yes, you read that right -- has sold out at Nordstrom's online store after going viral on social media. A smaller version, sensibly priced at $65 for the budget-conscious rock lover, is also out of stock.

"A paperweight? A conversation piece? A work of art? It's up to you," reads the description at the Nordstrom online store.

It goes on in over-the-top detail: "This smooth Los Angeles-area stone -- wrapped in rich, vegetable-tanned American leather secured by sturdy contrast backstitching -- is sure to draw attention wherever it rests."

The leather pouch was designed in Los Angeles using "traditional saddle-stitching techniques." The rock is courtesy of, well, the Earth. So don't expect yours to look just like the online image. "Each piece is unique and will vary slightly," the listing notes. Rocks these days.

Nordstrom (JWN) told CNN the rocks "are indeed real items for sale." While the online supply of rocks was exhausted, there were still two small rocks available at Nordstrom's Michigan Avenue store in Chicago.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/07/news/companies/nordstrom-rock-sold-out/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

Pet rock here... (WTF?)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/made-solid-medium-leather-wrapped-stone/4497177??cm_mmc=Linkshare-_-partner-_-10-_-1&siteId=TnL5HPStwNw-UVvVAubXz8hMEHIh8k.KWg

The deplorable one   
The deplorable one

This is why society will collapse.  When people buy rocks for money we are doomed. I can say yes diamonds are and other gemstones are worth $$$. But this right here is  nuts!!! 

Cinnamon    28,921
10 minutes ago, The deplorable one said:

This is why society will collapse.  When people buy rocks for money we are doomed. I can say yes diamonds are and other gemstones are worth $$$. But this right here is  nuts!!! 

For 85.00... I can fill my car several times with gas, buy groceries for a week or so or or or... anything but spend it on a damn rock! 

The deplorable one   
The deplorable one

I agree. Now a days will get 85$ will get you maybe two or three bags of groceries. Thanks to Obamas inflation.  When it all come crashing down I will sell rock to libs. 

Cinnamon    28,921
13 minutes ago, The deplorable one said:

I agree. Now a days will get 85$ will get you maybe two or three bags of groceries. Thanks to Obamas inflation.  When it all come crashing down I will sell rock to libs. 

They probably already have one, that's why it's sold out. lol

The deplorable one   
The deplorable one

Ha!!!  But there libs I will just say it's to fight green house gases. Buy a rock save the world.  I will get the house I always wanted lol. :mouselaugh:

Cinnamon    28,921
22 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

WTH?

Yeah... Give rocks for Christmas and call it classy. lol

We could paint them with gold spray paint and throw on some glitter, they'd think it was real nuggets. haha

Lucy Barnable    5,393
4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

We could paint them with gold spray paint and throw on some glitter, they'd think it was real nuggets. haha

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

LOL

The only thing worse than a rock for a gift is a rock covered in glitter. That crap never goes away!

I have a feeling their target consumers are snowflakes. They might toss their Christmas presents at unsuspecting family members come January 21 st.