Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

CJ Guardian News

Hayek Shows How The Rhetoric of Freedom Fanned the Flames of Extreme Conservatism

As recently as September, Trump’s popularity on the American Right perplexed our nation and was considered “inexplicable” by bastions of conservative values. The Dallas Morning News, in refusing to offer him an endorsement, noted that “Trump is—or has been—at odds with nearly every GOP ideal this newspaper holds dear.” Even today there’s widespread confusion on both sides of the political aisle as to what the Republican Party stands for and how an authoritarian-like Trump became its leader. Moreover, the few explanations that have been offered are facile, improbable and politically convenient—e.g. “Barack Obama led to the rise of Trump.”

But there is an explanation. We can better understand how the “Party of Liberty” end up with Donald Trump as its standard-bearer by starting with a lesser known insight offered by the political philosopher Friedrich Hayek. Hayek helps us understand how the rhetoric of freedom fanned the flames of extreme conservatism; He argued that   ... Click HERE to continue reading

Cinnamon    28,897

I don't need a philosopher to tell me why people are sick of this Marxist government.   The last time you came here with your click bait, you were caught in lies and misrepresentation. You never admitted it, even though many people here called you on it. You just did your snowflake dance. You've already been labeled fake news here. 

Redlistvet    906
1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

I don't need a philosopher to tell me why people are sick of this Marxist government.   The last time you came here with your click bait, you were caught in lies and misrepresentation. You never admitted it, even though many people here called you on it. You just did your snowflake dance. You've already been labeled fake news here. 

But this is the new norm!!! These people ( as in the op) like to be told what to think and how to act and behave.  All these college educated idiots have to show something for their wasted time in their pursuit of Higher learning.  Because a degree in underwater basket weaving is important and useful.

Its ok @CJ Guardian News, at least your here and can learn from this site.

Cinnamon    28,897
2 minutes ago, Redlistvet said:

But this is the new norm!!! These people ( as in the op) like to be told what to think and how to act and behave.  All these college educated idiots have to show something for their wasted time in their pursuit of Higher learning.  Because a degree in underwater basket weaving is important and useful.

Its ok @CJ Guardian News, at least your here and can learn from this site.

Nah, they come in, drop a turd once in awhile to get clicks on their site is all that is. 

Redlistvet    906
5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Nah, they come in, drop a turd once in awhile to get clicks on their site is all that is. 

And that too.

On 12/9/2016 at 1:02 PM, Cinnamon said:

First, I didn't write this post.  It's sad that you are so miserable and looking for opportunities to spew your toxic venom.  I've definitely got your attention - LOL - because if not, you would scroll on by, but you can't resist a chance to be nasty.  You may not need a philosopher, but you definitely need a good dose of "good cheer" for a healthier life.  

You could not possibly think I care how YOU label me.  LOL!!!!  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your crew.  

Jostler    2,228
2 hours ago, CJ Guardian News said:

First, I didn't write this post.  It's sad that you are so miserable and looking for opportunities to spew your toxic venom.  I've definitely got your attention - LOL - because if not, you would scroll on by, but you can't resist a chance to be nasty.  You may not need a philosopher, but you definitely need a good dose of "good cheer" for a healthier life.  

You could not possibly think I care how YOU label me.  LOL!!!!  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your crew.  

such strident protest for someone so cavalier and uncaring :)

Cinnamon    28,897
2 hours ago, Jostler said:

such strident protest for someone so cavalier and uncaring :)

I don't even read it anymore. 

Jostler    2,228
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I don't even read it anymore. 

din miss nuffin' :)  Just a sort of poorly executed Donna Brazile imitation :)

Jostler    2,228

Since I came to this rabbit hole via the economics/monetary/finance route, I just happen to be quite familiar with Freidrich Hayek.  Seeing his words and philosophies twisted in the  fashion this author does simply takes my breath by its brazenness.

So very typical of well schooled liars, it takes what Hayek stood for, undermines and twists it, then represents it as if it sprung from Hayek's own  mind. 

And so typical of our  last encounter with CJ, she protests "I didn't write this!"  which is a lot like a murderer, presented with the body and a bloody knife exclaiming "My hands have never touched that knife!", and able to say it with a straight face because she had gloves on when the man died.

By the way Cherese?  Who is the EDITOR of that hitpiece?