Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

NowServingNumber52

She's the oldest living person

Oldest living person credits longevity to raw eggs, independence

(CNN)The oldest person in the world, Emma Morano of Italy, credits her longevity to a diet of raw eggs and ending her abusive marriage long before divorce was even legal.

Morano celebrated her 117th birthday on Tuesday and is now the only person alive known to have lived through three centuries.

She was born November 29, 1899, in the Piedmont region of Italy, back when King Umberto I reigned.

Emma Morano is the only person alive who was born in the 1800s.

Morano became the world's oldest living person in May, after American Susannah Mushatt Jones died at the age of 116.

Jones, who was born in Alabama, did not smoke or drink and credited her long life to sleep and loving relationships.

Longevity seems to run in Morano's family: Her mother lived to 91, and some of her sisters made it to a century.

But it was the peculiar diet she began after World War I that Morano says helped her become one of the oldest people ever.

When she was a teenager, a doctor suggested that Morano eat raw eggs to combat her anemia. She followed a stringent diet of two raw eggs, one cooked egg, a little minced meat and pasta for the past 90 years.

With age, her diet has been cut down to just two eggs a day and some cookies.

Rest and PIC here VID here

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/29/health/oldest-living-person-emma-morano/index.html

I read that story and thought...why didn't they ask her how much wine she drinks every day. Im pretty sure the old gal throws back a couple a glasses of red wine a day too.

Here ya go..she has her own WIKI

Morano was still living alone in her home on her 115th birthday. When asked about the secret of her longevity, she said that she had never used drugs, eats three eggs a day, drinks a glass of homemade brandy, and enjoys a chocolate sometimes, but, above all, she thinks positively about the future. Morano credits her long life to her diet of raw eggs and being single.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Morano

I'm glad she left an abusive relationship and has managed to live so long. I know for me perosnally, though, and this is just me, I would rather have a few good years with my true soulmate than decades alone. But I don't know what tomorrow will bring, and won't try to guess either. 

• Share Our Content, Evil People Hate Us!

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
  • Latest Club Activity