Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Talon

ND Gov. Makes Emergency Declaration, Issues Mandatory Evacuation of Standing Rock Camp

Perhaps significantly advancing the time frame designated in the Army Corps of Engineers’ notice several Standing Rock Camps would face some form of eviction on December 5, North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple opportuned an incoming winter storm to issue a mandatory emergency evacuation order — for all encampments north of the Cannonball River.

Although the evacuation appears not be one of force, it is obligatory — all water protectors camping in Army Corps-managed land have been ordered by Dalrymple to take all possessions and vacate the area.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/breaking-nd-gov-makes-emergency-declaration-issues-mandatory-evacuation-standing-rock-camp/

quote:
From the time of issuance of the emergency evacuation order, “Any person who chooses to enter, reenter, or stay in the evacuation does so at their own risk, and assumes any and all corresponding liabilities for their unlawful presence and occupation of the evacuation area.”
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/breaking-nd-gov-makes-emergency-declaration-issues-mandatory-evacuation-standing-rock-camp/#L0Zd6wl0gpV5qTdP.99

It's all about CYA the gov. does not want to be held responsible for someone injuring them self it's only OK when they hurt you because it was for you'r own good don't you know.  

14 minutes ago, Talon said:

North Dakota law enforcement will begin to block supplies from reaching protesters at a camp near the construction site of an oil pipeline project in an effort to force demonstrators to vacate the area, officials said on Tuesday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-north-dakota-pipeline-idUSKBN13O2FD

So they will be cut off from the rest of the world when that happens? Is there any way to work around it? If I were in any condition to, I would go there myself to try and help.

Sheriff’s Dept to Fine People $1K for Bringing in Food and Supplies to Standing Rock

Shortly after issuing the notice it would block supplies, the Morton County Sheriff’s Department backed away somewhat, saying it would take a passive role to try to prevent supplies from reaching the camps, by issuing hefty $1,000 fines for vehicles attempting such deliveries — saying it had interpreted the evacuation order as a reason for a blockade.

What is this, some kind of law enforcement version of "pay to play" where in order to get needed supplies they have to pay fines? Talk about profiting indirectly off the misery of people defending their lives! 

There needs to be constant live video streaming of this, because I am afraid of a literal massacre in the future and do not like it one bit.

Activist and live-streamer, Kevin Gilbertt, whose video of a police offensive against water protectors on Highway 1806’s Backwater Bridge went viral and exposed barbarous police tactics, received by email a letter defining ACE Hardware’s sudden change in policy — with a contact phone number.

“Just wanted to check on a policy that I’d heard about, to make sure [of] the truth of this policy,” he asks the ACE Hardware contact, Camillia, as he recorded the phone conversation. “I’ve been informed that in the area around the pipeline in North Dakota, ACE Hardware were no longer able to sell anything considered incendiary, including propane.

“Can you confirm that as being true?”

“That is true, ACE Hardware stores in the vicinity of the recent pipeline protests have been requested by law enforcement officials to refrain from selling materials that could be used as incendiary devices; so ACE’s number one priority is to protect the safety of its employees, customers, and the communities each store serves — ACE will continue to cooperate with law enforcement officials. ACE’s compliance is not a reflection of any corporate viewpoint on the actual pipeline project,” Camillia states.

http://www.activistpost.com/2016/11/sheriffs-dept-demands-ace-hardware-stop-selling-heating-supplies-water-protectors-ace-complies.html