Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Fake News Surge Pins D.C. Pizzeria As Home To Child-Trafficking

Cinnamon    28,918

LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:

Just a few days before the election, a popular Washington, D.C. pizza joint became the victim of a political fake news attack. The restaurant received death threats and accusations. Before long, there were hundreds of those threats and frightening messages on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter directed not only to the restaurant and its owner, but also to the wait staff and other workers at the restaurant. James Alefantis is the owner of Comet Ping Pong. And we very much appreciate you coming in to talk to us. I know that you've had a couple of bad weeks here.

<snip>

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/27/503489400/fake-news-surge-pins-d-c-pizzeria-as-home-to-child-trafficking

Poor baby. 

Ukshep    25,442
10 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:

Just a few days before the election, a popular Washington, D.C. pizza joint became the victim of a political fake news attack. The restaurant received death threats and accusations. Before long, there were hundreds of those threats and frightening messages on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter directed not only to the restaurant and its owner, but also to the wait staff and other workers at the restaurant. James Alefantis is the owner of Comet Ping Pong. And we very much appreciate you coming in to talk to us. I know that you've had a couple of bad weeks here.

<snip>

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/27/503489400/fake-news-surge-pins-d-c-pizzeria-as-home-to-child-trafficking

Poor baby. 

Are the people kidding me??

Cinnamon    28,918
1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

Are the people kidding me??

It was quite a sympathetic interview, wasn't it?  I saw no grilling going on whatsoever. Not like they did with Danny Williams... remember that?

Ukshep    25,442
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

It was quite a sympathetic interview, wasn't it?  I saw no grilling going on whatsoever. Not like they did with Danny Williams... remember that?

They do love to demoralize us!