Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Your Dog Remembers What It Observes You Doing

Are you one of those people who lets their dog sleep in the bedroom no matter what may be going on? Do you ever wonder if your dog comprehends or remembers what it sees?

Dogs are among the few species that people consider ‘clever,’ and yet we are still surprised whenever a study reveals that dogs and their owners may share some mental abilities despite our distant evolutionary relationship.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/11/your-dog-remembers-what-it-observes-you-doing/

SO DONT BE FAPPIN IN FRONT OF YOUR DOGS! @Cinnamon

1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

Are you one of those people who lets their dog sleep in the bedroom no matter what may be going on? Do you ever wonder if your dog comprehends or remembers what it sees?

Dogs are among the few species that people consider ‘clever,’ and yet we are still surprised whenever a study reveals that dogs and their owners may share some mental abilities despite our distant evolutionary relationship.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/11/your-dog-remembers-what-it-observes-you-doing/

SO DONT BE FAPPIN IN FRONT OF YOUR DOGS! @Cinnamon

Uh... take your own advice. kk?  :chuckle:

Cinders777

I have 4 cats and whenever I would come home from work, at least 1 or 2 of them would be waiting on the steps when I got in the door.  I would say "how are my pretty girls, today?"   Or I'd tell them they're the most beautiful cats in the world.  Well, my dog would look at me with these very sad eyes and I couldn't figure out why.  She would slink over to me and I'd give her a pat on the head.  FINALLY (duh!) it dawned on me. :clap1: She wanted me to tell her how beautiful she was too.  So I started doing that and all of sudden, she couldn't wait to get out the front door and meet me at the car, jumping around and wagging her tail like crazy.  This was every day.  :dog:

I feel terrible that I didn't realize what she needed for 4 years.  Now I pay lots of attention to what I say and do around all my pets.  They do understand more than we think.  :signyeahthat:

Yes most intelligent dogs can learn up to 250 words, and in average 150. I know alot of adults who don't even have a such vocabulary LOL! :biggrin:

Just now, Zireael said:

Yes most intelligent dogs can learn up to 250 words, and in average 150. I know alot of adults who don't even have a such vocabulary LOL! :biggrin:

hehe good one!

:mischieftroll:

grav

My dogs are good sleepers. I could stand on my head and spit wooden nickels and they wouldn't notice. They pay close attention when I'm eating, tho, juuuust in case a meatball falls. 

No hairballs are allowed in my bedroom either.