Jump to content
Sign Up To Remove Ads! | Purchase An Ad Slot!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Germany planning to 'massively' limit privacy rights

Recommended Posts

 Ukshep    25,452

A draft law released by the German union for data protection (DVD) this week revealed that the interior ministry was proposing to drastically limit the powers of Germany's data protection authorities, banning them from investigating suspected breaches of people's medical and legal records.

As well as expanding video surveillance with facial recognition software, the bill would limit the government's own data protection commissioners to checking that the technical prerequisites are in place to ensure that doctors' and lawyers' files are secure, but it stops them from following up when citizens report concerns that their data has been leaked.

The bill would also shut down citizens' right to know what data is being collected about them - even by private firms, if releasing that information would "seriously endanger" a company's "business purposes," the SZ quoted the draft as saying. Thilo Weichert, former data protection commissioner for the state of Schleswig-Holstein and now DVD board member, condemned de Maiziere's plans as a "massive" erosion of privacy in Germany.

http://www.dw.com/en/germany-planning-to-massively-limit-privacy-rights/a-36529692

Hmm! I'm getting a little fed up of seeing the boot now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Brio    1,038
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

The bill would also shut down citizens' right to know what data is being collected about them - even by private firms

This angers me. I would certainly never be a customer of a business that tried to own my personal info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    25,452
3 minutes ago, Brio said:

This angers me. I would certainly never be a customer of a business that tried to own my personal info.

Many already do it under the table anyway... this just allows them to not need to hide it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Brio    1,038
8 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Many already do it under the table anyway... this just allows them to not need to hide it.

True. I haven't  a cell and I'm not on fb, but I would boycott any co. that directed advertising at me based on what data they obviously collected on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    25,452
3 minutes ago, Brio said:

True. I haven't  a cell and I'm not on fb, but I would boycott any co. that directed advertising at me based on what data they obviously collected on me.

Once we lose the ability to escape their influence its gone too far. Its already past that point! Devices can listen in, every we say is logged..and its gone way beyond tolerable.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    28,921

Oh, it's really important for the Food Standards Agency to have that info. sarc off  Outrageous! Just like everything else these power hungry freaks do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Brio    1,038
10 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Oh, it's really important for the Food Standards Agency to have that info. sarc off  Outrageous! Just like everything else these power hungry freaks do. 

I presuppose the gov orgs that have the 'right' to collect info sell it to corp.s who use it to target individuals with advertising. You recall the post I made yesterday about all the press secretarys married to MSM execs. It's a club and we ain't in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sadly most will not know how they are just pawns to a bigger picture...most will wake up once the jack boot is physically on their neck, then it will be to late to do anything about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    25,452
15 minutes ago, BustedHead said:

sadly most will not know how they are just pawns to a bigger picture...most will wake up once the jack boot is physically on their neck, then it will be to late to do anything about it.

Many see it and ignore it. It's those people i cannot understand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mac   
Mac

Germany still has no constitution, so they can do what they want to the people living there. Enjoy Germany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×