Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Talon

Media Silent as House Passes Resolution for Syrian No-Fly Zone — Provoking War with Russia

Talon    716

Soon after the presidential election, key warmongers in Congress began formulating plans to make increased conflict a near certainty, complete with the kind of propaganda peddled before the Iraq attack. While everyone was distracted by the election of Trump, six representatives took advantage of the lame-duck session and suspended “normal rules” to bring us H.R. 5732.

As reported by Consortium News:

“Late in the day, on Nov. 15, one week after the U.S. elections, the lame-duck Congress convened in special session with normal rules suspended so the House could pass House Resolution 5732, the “Caesar Syria Civilian Protection Act” calling for intensifying the already harsh sanctions on Syria, assessing the imposition of a “no fly zone” inside Syria (to prevent the Syrian government from flying) and escalating efforts to press criminal charges against Syrian officials…

Most strikingly, the resolution calls for evaluating and developing plans for the United States to impose a “no fly zone” inside Syria, a sovereign nation, an act of war that also would violate international law as an act of aggression. It also could put the U.S. military in the position of shooting down Russian aircraft.”

The suspension of rules procedure is supposed to be used for “non-controversial” bills such as naming Post Offices, but this small group of lawmakers used it to pass a drastically important bill. The blatant abuse of power shows the desperation in the neocon ranks.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/media-silent-house-passes-no-fly-zone/

crabb    479

Who do these people think they are they don't have the right to impose a no fly zone over another nation. Unless they plan on going through the UN to enforce this. I really think they plan on starting a war with Russia before Trump takes office in hopes that Russia will attack the US so they can declare Martial law. Obuthead will do anything to screw Trump.

zero   
zero

Gee, I wonder why they would want to bomb the crap out of Syria, to establish a No-Fly zone.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gets 29 standing ovations from Congress

Team Galil    28
37 minutes ago, zero said:

Gee, I wonder why they would want to bomb the crap out of Syria, to establish a No-Fly zone.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gets 29 standing ovations from Congress

To true. Lol

crabb    479

If this holds water the soup gets thicker.

The daily cited one source “close to the Syria file” as saying that a large deployment of Egyptian troops will arrive in Syria in late January 2017 to take part in military operations “not limited to air support at Hama airbase.”
http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2016/11/25/495089/Egypt-Syria-Hama-Daesh-Saudi-Arabia

I couldn't ever imagine advocating for something like this if I were in Congress. I can't comprehend the moral degeneracy required for this degree of hubris. The arrogance here, as always, is astounding.

The devil will get his due; I just hope we don't all get burnt up in the process.