Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

PrincessButtercup

Dream question for women (men: curiosity killed the cat)

If I don't start or don't take a nap the day it starts, before it starts, I dream about it the night before.  If I wind up taking a nap (something I wouldn't know the night before that I will be doing), then I dream during the nap instead of the night before that my period will start.  

It's the most consistent predictive dream I have, and I get it before about 80% of my periods.  I do not get these dreams any other time of the month, so it is always literally just before my period starts.  

Do any of you dream about your period just before it starts?

41 minutes ago, PrincessButtercup said:

If I don't start or don't take a nap the day it starts, before it starts, I dream about it the night before.  If I wind up taking a nap (something I wouldn't know the night before that I will be doing), then I dream during the nap instead of the night before that my period will start.  

It's the most consistent predictive dream I have, and I get it before about 80% of my periods.  I do not get these dreams any other time of the month, so it is always literally just before my period starts.  

@Cinnamon ... I'll step away you take this one :)

2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

@Cinnamon ... I'll step away you take this one :)

I seldom remember any dreams at all. Maybe once or twice a year, if that and they're always stupid scenarios. The last one I had, a girl I didn't know caught her hair on fire on a gas stove inside a place I'd never been, I put it out with my hands and burned them. She ran outside and sat down in a trash pile and it caught fire and she died. Then I woke up feeling guilty I couldn't save her.  So, if all the dreams I don't remember are like this, I'm glad I don't. ;)

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

I seldom remember any dreams at all. Maybe once or twice a year, if that and they're always stupid scenarios. The last one I had, a girl I didn't know caught her hair on fire on a gas stove inside a place I'd never been, I put it out with my hands and burned them. She ran outside and sat down in a trash pile and it caught fire and she died. Then I woke up feeling guilty I couldn't save her.  So, if all the dreams I don't remember are like this, I'm glad I don't. ;)

That's a pretty crazy dream.  I remember a lot of my dreams, not just nightmares.  No matter what meds I'm on, this one is still consistent.  It's not the same scenario ever, just a momentary issue or realization in the dream.  

Good thing I am not a cat. :P

Somethings to consider:

-If you had an exceptionally embarrassing incident in relation to your period, then it stands to reason that you would be hyper aware of your particular cycle timing.

-Also it could just be your body's response to the plummeting Progesterone & Estrogen levels prior to the onset of your period.

3 hours ago, PrincessButtercup said:

Well, you'll never get a period at the start. They always come at the end. (of a sentence) lol.

All joking aside: Find out what happens during the other 20% of the times... or did you already answer that?

Wait, what was the question anyway?

I don't have periods.

What the hell do I know?

You're right @Ukshep, give this one to Cinn!

37 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

Good thing I am not a cat. :P

Somethings to consider:

-If you had an exceptionally embarrassing incident in relation to your period, then it stands to reason that you would be hyper aware of your particular cycle timing.

-Also it could just be your body's response to the plummeting Progesterone & Estrogen levels prior to the onset of your period.

My periods don't tend to be that embarrassing for me.  My cycle length kinda varies depending on how I'm eating, and even when I have cramps a few days before I seem to dream just before it the same as if I have no cramps.  I've seen no difference in the months where the dream does not occur, though maybe I'd have to do a dream journal to really track that.  

No dreams about it that I can remember.
But the night it comes (it almost always comes at night) I wake up repeatedly.
I guess my subconscious has decide being tired the next day is better than laundry.

8 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

No dreams about it that I can remember.
But the night it comes (it almost always comes at night) I wake up repeatedly.
I guess my subconscious has decide being tired the next day is better than laundry.

I tend to wake up a lot most nights.  My cats do not help matters.  heh!