Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

ILLUSION

Simple way to debunk flat earth

Hi i see so many people being sucked into the flat earth hype but I have a simple way to show its not possible.New Zealand Air sells tickets for a 12 hour flight from new Zealand to Argentina in 12 hours. using the map that flat earthers are using it would take about 3 days to fly that far in a commercial airplane.

Minnetonka Costco
1 hour ago, ILLUSION said:

Hi i see so many people being sucked into the flat earth hype but I have a simple way to show its not possible.New Zealand Air sells tickets for a 12 hour flight from new Zealand to Argentina in 12 hours. using the map that flat earthers are using it would take about 3 days to fly that far in a commercial airplane.

Did you take the flight?

grav
1 hour ago, ILLUSION said:

So say you. Let's see some proof, please. Or at least a link. Or a video. How about this one -- an emergency landing between Southeast Asia and L.A. It landed in Anchorage? A fact. It happened and was on the news. It's getting harder to prove since some videos are disappearing.

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

:eatingpopcorn: dis gun be gud!

Dunno, Shep. I'm not as young as I used to be. Am tired of teaching first grade to round landlubbers. We old guard don't like being stuck with basic FE. We want to explore new territory. Like Antarctica. Debunkers? oh, for Pete's sake. Ya try to make it easy for honest newbies in the OP, but nooooo, too many just want to skip facts and basic info and go straight to poking FE in the eye. Now that FEFriends and other "safe zones" have popped up, flatearthers don't like putting up with whiners and naggers and children on general forums. Shills on glp and lop have stifled debate to the point that it's a pita to post there. 

It gets old. 

What proof do you want go to air new Zealand and see for yourself why do I need to spoon feed you honestly.Air distance is 6,244.5 miles from Buenos Aires Argentina to Wellington new Zealand 12 hours 58 minutes.

tempest of reason
2 hours ago, grav said:

So say you. Let's see some proof, please. Or at least a link. Or a video. How about this one -- an emergency landing between Southeast Asia and L.A. It landed in Anchorage? A fact. It happened and was on the news. It's getting harder to prove since some videos are disappearing.

Dunno, Shep. I'm not as young as I used to be. Am tired of teaching first grade to round landlubbers. We old guard don't like being stuck with basic FE. We want to explore new territory. Like Antarctica. Debunkers? oh, for Pete's sake. Ya try to make it easy for honest newbies in the OP, but nooooo, too many just want to skip facts and basic info and go straight to poking FE in the eye. Now that FEFriends and other "safe zones" have popped up, flatearthers don't like putting up with whiners and naggers and children on general forums. Shills on glp and lop have stifled debate to the point that it's a pita to post there. 

It gets old. 

it does get old - fast. You keep posting a cartoon as evidence which it isn't. I saw Forrest Gump shake JFK's hand is that real too?

You want to believe it is flat... go for it as it doesn't shake my reality in the slightest as it is your delusion and I won't feed it. All you do is insist and slander / insult those who tried to help you.

fall off the edge as far as I care because your mental capacity seems void of being able to understand or accept that the sky is different in the Northern hemisphere compared to the Southern. Of course you keep ignoring it because you can't refute pictoral evidence which I posted.

Again, why are you here?  You think your anecdotes prove anything? A plane emergency landed in Alaska... yeah, normal because international flights that go over the ocean travel north in an arc for two reasons- if the plane goes down they are closer to land, and primarily the distance traveled is shorter because the world is a sphere. The distance around the equator is the greater distance but you got your head up your ass and refuse to follow logic.

meh, w/e. You are just pissing me off with your stupidity. Carry the rest of this conversation without me cuz I recognize the lies you live by

3 hours ago, grav said:

It gets old. 

OK, then how come nobody reached "the edges"? According to this map, the edges are in the oceans, so they can't be restricted zones (And we would know it).

Revenant

Denn gewisse Menschen haben sich nebeneingeschlichen, die schon vorlängst zu diesem Gericht zuvor aufgezeichnet waren, Gottlose, welche die Gnade unseres Gottes in Ausschweifung verkehren und unseren alleinigen Gebieter und Herrn Jesus Christus verleugnen. 
 Ich will euch aber, die ihr einmal alles wußtet, daran erinnern, daß der Herr, nachdem er das Volk aus dem Lande Ägypten gerettet hatte, zum anderenmal die vertilgte, welche nicht geglaubt haben; 

Jud 1:10  But these blaspheme that which they do not know. And that which they know naturally, like unreasoning beasts, in these they corrupt themselves. 
Jud 1:11  Woe to them! Because they have gone in the way of Qayin, and gave themselves to the delusion of Bilʽam for a reward, and perished in the rebellion of Qoraḥ. 

7 hours ago, tempest of reason said:

it does get old - fast. You keep posting a cartoon as evidence which it isn't. I saw Forrest Gump shake JFK's hand is that real too?

You want to believe it is flat... go for it as it doesn't shake my reality in the slightest as it is your delusion and I won't feed it. All you do is insist and slander / insult those who tried to help you.

fall off the edge as far as I care because your mental capacity seems void of being able to understand or accept that the sky is different in the Northern hemisphere compared to the Southern. Of course you keep ignoring it because you can't refute pictoral evidence which I posted.

Again, why are you here?  You think your anecdotes prove anything? A plane emergency landed in Alaska... yeah, normal because international flights that go over the ocean travel north in an arc for two reasons- if the plane goes down they are closer to land, and primarily the distance traveled is shorter because the world is a sphere. The distance around the equator is the greater distance but you got your head up your ass and refuse to follow logic.

meh, w/e. You are just pissing me off with your stupidity. Carry the rest of this conversation without me cuz I recognize the lies you live by

Great circle flight paths are actually nothing to do with safety - they are the shortest route between the airports on the globe of earth . From england to mexico we fly up across greenland and back down to mexico. Look at the flight path on the FE map and you will see the paths are the shortest distance on that too.

Now look at shipping lanes - ships dont sail in great arcs across oceans because thats not the shortest route. They sail in straight lines.

Follow the logic in that - only one conclusion.

13 minutes ago, Redorblue said:

Great circle flight paths are actually nothing to do with safety - they are the shortest route between the airports on the globe of earth . From england to mexico we fly up across greenland and back down to mexico. Look at the flight path on the FE map and you will see the paths are the shortest distance on that too.

Now look at shipping lanes - ships dont sail in great arcs across oceans because thats not the shortest route. They sail in straight lines.

Follow the logic in that - only one conclusion.

I posted one easily  replicated very simple experiment anyone can do, without sophisticated training  or expensive equipment in the FE thread.  Nobody, not one even attempted to answer it with a modicum of evidence or logic.  Logic is  most certainly NOT a characteristic of most of the pro FE arguments.  The gatekeeper of that  echo chamber opens nearly every post with adhominem, followed by a cartoon and closed with ad hominem.

"Gravity is bullshit....cuz.....density"  isn't a logical argument :)

I can tell you this, I have used that thread several times as powerful evidence to several of my friends who are also parents, that they desperately need to consider home schooling.  And it's been effective...so I'm grateful for that much :)