Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

tempest of reason

do you believe in ghosts?

tempest of reason   
tempest of reason

I heard about this story after moving into the area - I'm a block away from Nash (aka 3 legged lady road) and have been down it several times. The church is gone but there is still a graveyard there - sad looking - US flag on the one grave that doesn't look empty ( or hollow due to ground sinkage) but as far as anything supernatural goes, I usually drove past it and never lingered ( or knocked, flashed lights etc.) although I am within walking distance of it.

I may have to go out with the camera one day and give you guys a peek at what is a persistent legend here ( going back to the civil war by one account)

http://paranormalstories.blogspot.com/2011/03/three-legged-lady-road.html

Anonymous said...

There actually is a building still standing on the right hand side of the road (if you've entered down by The Lock and Damn) and it is creepy as heck! I've been down three-legged lady road a couple of times and I myself have never heard the real story. However, weird things do and have happened down three-legged lady road! Whether you go in daylight or at night, the atmosphere is still the same!

I may have to follow through on this one lol

Rather you than me! I stare clear of these situations. Have actually moved houses because of visitors in the night. I think I must be sensitive to spirits have been since a child. I usually ask them to leave. The nice ones do, the not so nice ones terrify me.

tempest of reason   
tempest of reason
2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Rather you than me! I stare clear of these situations. Have actually moved houses because of visitors in the night. I think I must be sensitive to spirits have been since a child. I usually ask them to leave. The nice ones do, the not so nice ones terrify me.

I can relate but anecdotes don't prove anything beyond a doubt. I just got back from a trip down that road, the cemetery has fresh graves - from July this year - but still looks like many plots had sunk.

The story talked about a bridge but as one person commented it is no longer there neither is the church. Someone said a hunting club bought the church land and it looks to be true considering I saw a deer blind at the end of the over-grown property.

Didn't experience anything unusual other than that creepy feel of the road itself.

38 minutes ago, tempest of reason said:
44 minutes ago, Guest said:

Rather you than me! I stare clear of these situations. Have actually moved houses because of visitors in the night. I think I must be sensitive to spirits have been since a child. I usually ask them to leave. The nice ones do, the not so nice ones terrify me.

Haha I lie I just remember a group of friends and I went to fremantle prison In Australia I expected to see something, took heaps of photos etc but didnt. It did feel 'off' but nothing major to me. However my friend who Is totally anti all this had a whispering voice speak In his ear 'this Is where they take the dead people' haha he didnt say anything til later he was shit scared

Nobody   
Nobody

I'm sure there's more fake ghosts than the authentic print of the divine Spirit.  You ask, "do you believe in ghosts?" without positively identifying which ones, good or bad? and specific identity is important when speaking of the unseen in our world. I base my thoughts on what they all represent and then names and faces don't matter because you then know them by their fruit. our judgment has been clouded with changes in lifestyle and laws, to name a couple.

wow   
wow

Yeah ghosts exist. There spirits manifested in a somewhat more definitive cultural way.