Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

DarkKnightNomeD

California Confederacy...

DarkKnightNomeD    2,079

still browsing previous saves - repost from buds page

If the California Confederacy takes shape and wants to exit our great Union. They have to look at the cons of that decision.

Any state that exits the union forfeits the following:

Welfare (the state kind not the personal kind think bridges, roads and public funding )
Social Security
Medicare
Constitutional rights
Free Trade with the United States
Military Support
Financial aid for students
Fiscal support for cities
Unrestricted travel to the United States of America
No more saftey against Posse Comitatus [the Army WILL invade with crushing high tech weapons.]

So any talk of exiting the Union be it California or any other State is crazy talk.

What needs to happen in Californiastan is people need to be charged with sedition or treason.

http://abc30.com/politics/calexit-proposal-submitted-for-california-to-secede-from-us/1620769/

-

SACRAMENTO, Calif. --

A group calling for California to secede from the United States submitted a proposed petition Monday seeking a ballot measure that would strip the state constitution of language that says California is an inseparable part of the nation.

The Yes California Independence Campaign hopes to put a question on the November 2018 ballot authorizing a vote on independence in spring 2019.

The group proposed the secession idea more than two years ago, but the so-called "CalExit" movement gained serious traction on social media after Republican Donald Trump won the presidential election.

Group Vice President Marcus Ruiz Evans said the organization now has 15,000 Twitter followers, 30,000 Facebook followers and 13,000 volunteers who have signed up to collect signatures for the effort.

He said the election of Trump proved proponents' point that working within the current electoral system is not sufficient to generate serious change.

The attorney general's office will review the request and submit language for a title and summary that would allow the group to begin collecting signatures for an initial referendum.

Jostler    2,216

I hope they do :)  It's time for me to get serious about making a move back toward Tennessee or Texas again anyway and that would certainly light a fire under my backside :)

This is actually a good thing. Maybe, just maybe this will prevent more Californians from moving into nearby states and infecting them with their liberal policies.

Jostler    2,216
6 minutes ago, Mr. Anonymous said:

This is actually a good thing. Maybe, just maybe this will prevent more Californians from moving into nearby states and infecting them with their liberal policies.

You have any idea what percentage of the nations total illegal aliens live in California?  :)  I bet it's pretty high :)  Good match....

33 minutes ago, Jostler said:

You have any idea what percentage of the nations total illegal aliens live in California?  :)  I bet it's pretty high :)  Good match....

Good, kill two birds with one stone.

Rid the country of the California cesspool and more than half of our illegal alien problem with one stroke.

I'm for it, #CalExit

Jostler    2,216
Just now, Mr. Anonymous said:

Good, kill two birds with one stone.

Rid the country of the California cesspool and more than half of our illegal alien problem with one stroke.

I'm for it, #CalExit

and we can build TWO walls :)  Moar jobs!  :)

posty nli   
posty nli

They can't deny social security to the recipients. Social security payments go to people in other countries, and if Cali seceded, they would be another country. So this would not affect social security payments. 

Tarmalen    1,320
4 minutes ago, posty nli said:

They can't deny social security to the recipients. Social security payments go to people in other countries, and if Cali seceded, they would be another country. So this would not affect social security payments. 

They get what they pay in. If no illegals are paying in then they aren't getting a penny from USA. Currently every state is supporting illegals through taxes, medical, infrastructure and the like. CA going bye that would reduce the amount of "undocumented" support that they receive. Hand out days are over and people would have to work...the horror! 

Cinnamon    24,844
7 hours ago, Mr. Anonymous said:

The only people leaving will be conservatives if that happens. You'll be getting the best and the brightest. :)

Jake91    108

starting to sound like something out of star trek.. the federation. confederate. it's all the same Mr. Spock

The assumption here is that all of California would secede. If Sacramento voted for it, guaranteed me and my area does not submit. It would take no time to form our own territory and petition for statehood as a separate state. 

Realistically, though, Sacramento would be immediately occupied by a vastly superior military presence and retaken. Then nobody has fun after that.