Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Sky Cat

Skype Down

Sky Cat   
Sky Cat

Skype users are having problems logging in and receiving messages, with the service down across much of the US. Northeastern states are the most affected, according to Down Detector.

Much of southern England, Spain, Japan and Ecuador are also facing problems, as well as Moscow and St. Petersburg in Russia.

The company addressed the messaging issues on its blog, describing it as “an incident” with its service.

http://www.rt.com/usa/367954-skype-down-us-europe/

Sky Cat   
Sky Cat
7 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Oh noes..... its the end of the world.... bwahahahahahAHAHAHHAHA

Duck & cover!
:chuckle:

CSB    2,436

Microsoft acquisition. On 10 May 2011, Microsoft Corporation acquired Skype Communications, S.à r.l for US$8.5 billion. The company was incorporated as a division of Microsoft, which acquired all Its technologies with the purchase. This was completed on 13 October 2011.

Over the years I have become not to trust Microsoft ; I have gone Linux on all my machines . 

Big brother Microsoft listens in to your Skype IMs

Yes, Microsoft is recording, at the least, your Skype instant messages, and they have the potential to record your voice calls as well.

By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols for Networking | July 24, 2012

According to a Microsoft Skype spokesperson, “As was true before the Microsoft acquisition, Skype co-operates with law enforcement agencies as is legally required and technically feasible.” So what the heck does that mean?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/big-brother-microsoft-listens-in-to-your-skype-ims-7000001495/

Ya I'm bashing Microsoft a corporate kiss ass to the state .

1 hour ago, CSB said:

Microsoft acquisition. On 10 May 2011, Microsoft Corporation acquired Skype Communications, S.à r.l for US$8.5 billion. The company was incorporated as a division of Microsoft, which acquired all Its technologies with the purchase. This was completed on 13 October 2011.

Over the years I have become not to trust Microsoft ; I have gone Linux on all my machines . 

Big brother Microsoft listens in to your Skype IMs

Yes, Microsoft is recording, at the least, your Skype instant messages, and they have the potential to record your voice calls as well.

By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols for Networking | July 24, 2012

According to a Microsoft Skype spokesperson, “As was true before the Microsoft acquisition, Skype co-operates with law enforcement agencies as is legally required and technically feasible.” So what the heck does that mean?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/big-brother-microsoft-listens-in-to-your-skype-ims-7000001495/

Ya I'm bashing Microsoft a corporate kiss ass to the state .

Windows Server 2008 had a blue screen of death...:chuckle: