Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

CSB

Charity forced to destroy annual food donation for 3,000 homeless people

CSB    2,171

Charity forced to destroy annual food donation for 3,000 homeless people

By: Mary Wilder Date: November 17, 2016

Whenever the government involves itself in matters in which they don’t belong, things are almost guaranteed to go incredibly wrong. By adding regulations to virtually every aspect of everyday life, the government has made it difficult for the American people to do anything — even acts of charity.

Kookers Kare, a Kansas City, Missouri volunteer organization that helps feed the needy, recently felt the wrath of the American government and now they are unable to help out people who actually need it. The group was set to donate 3,000 pounds of meat and 1,200 pounds of side dishes to charity — and then the government forced them to throw it all away so that none of the people in desperate need of food could consume it.

Link : http://www.newstarget.com/2016-11-17-charity-forced-to-destroy-annual-food-donation-for-3000-homeless-people.html

I hope this kind of crap stops once Trump is in office .This is a shame wasting food that is need by those that need it; this should be a crime agents humanity . 

Lucy Barnable    5,365

That's terrible. There are so many homeless people now.
Whole families living in cars and campers and not all of them are unemployed.
Housing prices are outrageous and immigrants go to the top of the list for assistance.

My husbands former employer gave huge turkeys for Thanksgiving and every year I donated it St. Vincent de Paul.
They really do help a lot of people, especially over the holidays, they even deliver the box of food to their door for them.