Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

marlowe

Curious Case of Criminal Last Names

marlowe    1,748

Curious Case of Criminal Last Names

About 38 years ago I stumbled upon what I think is an original,forgotten, or little known idea regarding the last names of criminals.Long story short: after reading
around in the New Dictionary of American Family Names by Elsden C. Smith I discovered that there seems to be a statiatical probability that the worst types of criminals
have one of four last name meanings.
{1} Dweller in or near a swamp,moor,marsh,waste land,or muddy place.
{2} Dweller in a grove of trees,forest,or clearing in a wood.
{3} Dweller in a deep valley or hollow.
{4] Dweller on barren ,brushy,or uncultivated ground.

Examples:
Richard Speck:One who came from Speke[brushwood] in Lancashire.
Kissinger : One who came fron Kissing [swamp] in Germany.
Cheney :One who came from Chaney {oak grove} in France.
Bush: dweller on uncultivated ground.

Romney {English}:One who came from Romney {island in a marsh,spacious river} in Kent.

Palin {Swedish} dweller near a marsh or swamp.

Sarah's maiden name is Heath
Heath : one who came from Heath{waste land with low shrubs} the name of several places in England.
Palin;;The term" Beyond the pale" means someone who lives outside the village...on uncultivated land...

I'm not saying Sarah is a criminal......I'm just pointing out her linage....where she came from...BEYOND THE PALE..!

Rumsfeld [ Scots ]  Dweller on an island where wild garlic grows.

http://www.houseofnames.com/rumsfeld-family-crest

Donald Rumsfeld is a war criminal

New Dictionary of American Family Names...page 431
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Speck

marlowe    1,748

The Warren Commission had 7 members ..Here are the surname meanings of 5
of them ...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Commission

Earl Warren >WARREN: Dweller at , or in charge of , a game preserve.

Allen Dulles : DULLES : On  who came from the village of Dulas {dark river ] in Herefordshire : Dweller near the Dulas river , in England.

Gerald Ford..Ford : Dweller at a stream crossing : One who came from Ford[ shallow river crossing ] in England.

Hale Boggs >> BOGGS : Dweller at a bog or marsh.

John McCloy ....>> McCloy [ Scot] the son of Lewie, a pet form of Lewis [ glory, battle, fight, hale .

Hale : Dweller near a small hollow, or secret place.

marlowe    1,748

van-der-Sloot {Dutch} dweller near a reedy ditch or quagmire.

Jaron van-der-Sloot is currently awaiting trial in Peru for the murder & robbery of Stephany

Ramirez,who was found murdered EXACTLY 5 years after the disappearence of Natalee Holoway...
van-der-Sloot is the prime suspect in Holoway's murder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joran_van_der_Sloot

marlowe    1,748

From the book Jesse James' Secret   ..by Ron Pastore & John Woods>>Pages 258-260 is a list of members of the James gang who rode with the James/Younger Brothers over the life of the gang.
The following list is the  gang members with swamp/forest last names...some were brothers or cousins with the same last name so I will put a number next to the name to indicate that .
Reed 2.....//Poole 2...//Whymore...//Blackmore...//Burnes...//Hulsey...//Coburn...// Pitts..
Frank James wrote that he and Jesse were half brothers...Frank's real father's last name was Reed..."Mrs.James" got pregant & Mr James married her & they quickly moved from Kentucky to Misouri
to hide the early birth of baby Frank...
It is estimated that over the life of the James gang an estimated $ 1,292,800 million dollars was taken in bank & train robberies....The James/Younger brothers were members of the Knights of the Golden Circle..
& a part of the stolen money went to finance that "Masonic" organization.

marlowe    1,748
8 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

:huh:

I do believe names contribute to the person we become.

@Lucy, I agree....Murderers with the middle name Wayne are off the scale....

and there are family curses and such....

marlowe    1,748

A popular loan-name among Roman men was Silvanus,which developed from the Roman god of "uncultivated land beyond the boundaries of tillage"...
A man with the last name Silvanus was depicted as "uncanny & dangerous".

Silva {Spainish/Portugese}..One who came from Silvw {thicket of briers;woods} the name of several places
in Spain & Portugal.

marlowe    1,748

Presidental shooters with "swamp/forest " last names.
Zangara [Italian}  dweller on a mire or in a swampy place.
On Sept.15,1933 Gueseppi ZANGARA attempted to shoot POTUS Franklin Roosevelt in Miami Florida...He missed but hit 5 other people...
John Hinckley>>Hinck means bear cub//ley=a clearing in a wood.{Shot Reagen in Oct.1981}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Jane_Moore
Moore attempted to shoot POTUS Gerald Ford on Sept.22,1975,missing his head by 6 inches.
Moore means dweller on a waste land or high marsh.
Lee=Clearing in a wood.
Harvey=carnage worthy
Oswald=dweller in the eastern forest...{Oswald was not a shooter but was in on it }..he just didn't figure out he was the patsy until it was too late.

Lucy Barnable    5,393
7 minutes ago, marlowe said:

@Lucy, I agree....Murderers with the middle name Wayne are off the scale....

and there are family curses and such....

I've noticed a lot of killers use their full names too.

The spelling of names are also important. I feel for kids with names spelled wonky.
They'll have to constantly correct mispronunciation and that will shape who they are.

marlowe    1,748

Another strange dynamic to this Last Name Meaning business is that many of the gun fighters of the old west have last names that originated in West Riding in Yorkshire,which is where some of the battles between the Scots and Crown armies took place.The battle that the Stewart forces lost {Bonnie Prince Charly**resulted in the deportation of many on the losing side to America.So you see where I'm going with this...Racial memory? Fighting spirit in the DNA? There is something going on here but I haven't got all the puzzle pieces put together..
I do know that ghosts tend to inhabit wet areas more than dry areas...so I'm thinking some sort of generational spirit possesion.I do think that the worst sort of killers are possesed because the nature of some of their crimes is "beyond belief" What other explanation is there.

And here is a link to strange stories about Yorkshire

The Weird Wolds of Yorkshire: Inside the Mysterious Wold Newton Triangle

http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends-europe/weird-wolds-yorkshire-inside-mysterious-wold-newton-triangle-003316?nopaging=1

Fold upon fold of the encircling hills, piled rich and golden,’ is how the writer (best known for her posthumous 1936 novel South Riding) Winifred Holtby, described England’s Yorkshire

Wolds.

Eighty years on, here’s how a couple of tourist guides currently describe the area: “With hidden valleys, chalk streams and peaceful villages, the Yorkshire Wolds make a refreshing change from city life or a seaside break. It’s a fabulous place to unwind and enjoy the English countryside at its best.”

But, there is also a much darker side to this mysterious countryside.

It is a place where kings built hospices to protect weary travelers from wolves – and werewolves; a place where cloistered monks chronicled the predations of zombies, vampires and aliens; a place dotted with henges, barrows, tumuli and ancient burial mounds that superstitious locals once avoided for fear of encountering the fairy folk who dwelt there.

It was here, in prehistoric times, that the first settlers in this countryside worshipped before stone monoliths, while wearing masks fashioned from the skulls of animals, and where in later times, the county’s squirearchy had their masques disturbed by the screams of an unquiet skull.