Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

gxer

Water Protector in Critical Condition After DAPL Police Grenade Blew Apart Her Arm

gxer    484

Water Protector in Critical Condition After DAPL Police Grenade Blew Apart Her Arm

Read more at    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/water-protector-dapl-grenade-destroys-arm/#LxM3HcCV7lGY0cvI.99   

“UPDATE: We have been informed that Sophia is in surgery and will be going through amputation. Our prayers go out to Sophia and her loved ones as her life will never be the same due to the careless actions of Morton County Sheriff’s Department and other law enforcement agencies that took part in last night’s savage attack against water protectors.”

Additional information will be added as it becomes available, including if and when the Morton County Sheriff and North Dakota governor issue statements.

need more info

gxer    484

‘Where Evil Resides’: Veterans ‘Deploy’ To Standing Rock To Engage The Enemy — The US Government

ADAM LINEHAN

on November 21, 2016

On Dec. 4, if everything goes according to plan,

hundreds of veterans will muster at the

Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in North Dakota. The mission: To stop the Dakota Access Pipeline.

http://taskandpurpose.com/where-evil-resides-veterans-deploy-to-standing-rock-to-engage-the-enemy-the-us-government/

quote from article:

“… if we’re really going to be those veterans that this country praises, well, then we need to do the things that we actually said we’re going to do…”

tempest of reason   
tempest of reason

esoteric and emotional attachments won't trump greed.

Dear Lord, the time draws short. We are either totally deluded dreamers or your will must be done. I Pray Lord you heal this world

Sky Cat   
Sky Cat

Fukken disgusting.  It's probably a good thing I'm not there.  I'm afraid I'd not be able to contain my anger at those idiots.

gxer    484

Statement by Father of Sophia Wilansky, Critically Injured at NoDAPL Action   11/22/16        
Below is her statement as conveyed by her father, lawyer Wayne Wilansky.

“At around 4:30 a.m. after the police hit the bridge with water cannons and rubber bullets and pepper spray, they lobbed a number of concussion grenades which are not supposed to be thrown at people directly, at protesters, or protectors, as they want to be called. A grenade exploded right as it hit Sophia in the left forearm, taking most of the undersurface of her left arm with it. Both her radial and ulnar artery were completely destroyed. Her radius was shattered and a large piece of it is missing. Her medial nerve is missing a large section as well. All of the muscle and soft tissue between her elbow and wrist were blown away. The police did not do this by accident—it was an intentional act of throwing it directly at her. Additionally police were shooting people in face and groin intending to do the most possible damage. Sophia will have surgery again tomorrow as bit by bit they try to rebuild a somewhat functioning arm and hand. The first surgery took a vein from her leg, which they have implanted in her arm to take the place of the missing arteries. She will need multiple surgeries to try to gain some functional use of the arm and hand. She will be, every day for the foreseeable future, fearful of losing her arm and hand. There are no words to describe the pain of watching my daughter cry and say she was sorry for the pain she caused me and my wife. I died a thousand deaths today and will continue to do so for quite some time. I am left without the right words to describe the anguish of watching her look at her now alien arm and hand.”

--------------------------------------

Bone and Muscle in Woman’s Arm ‘Blown Away’ As Hundreds Injured on Backwater Bridge     22/11/2016

...  “The best-case scenario is no pain and ten to twenty percent functionality,” her father told The Guardian of the prognosis for use of her arm.

Wilanksy said his daughter underwent eight hours of surgery on Monday after the arteries, medial nerve, muscle and bone in her left arm were “blown away.”  ...

Talon    716
34 minutes ago, gxer said:

Statement by Father of Sophia Wilansky, Critically Injured at NoDAPL Action   11/22/16        
Below is her statement as conveyed by her father, lawyer Wayne Wilansky.

“At around 4:30 a.m. after the police hit the bridge with water cannons and rubber bullets and pepper spray, they lobbed a number of concussion grenades which are not supposed to be thrown at people directly, at protesters, or protectors, as they want to be called. A grenade exploded right as it hit Sophia in the left forearm, taking most of the undersurface of her left arm with it. Both her radial and ulnar artery were completely destroyed. Her radius was shattered and a large piece of it is missing. Her medial nerve is missing a large section as well. All of the muscle and soft tissue between her elbow and wrist were blown away. The police did not do this by accident—it was an intentional act of throwing it directly at her. Additionally police were shooting people in face and groin intending to do the most possible damage. Sophia will have surgery again tomorrow as bit by bit they try to rebuild a somewhat functioning arm and hand. The first surgery took a vein from her leg, which they have implanted in her arm to take the place of the missing arteries. She will need multiple surgeries to try to gain some functional use of the arm and hand. She will be, every day for the foreseeable future, fearful of losing her arm and hand. There are no words to describe the pain of watching my daughter cry and say she was sorry for the pain she caused me and my wife. I died a thousand deaths today and will continue to do so for quite some time. I am left without the right words to describe the anguish of watching her look at her now alien arm and hand.”

--------------------------------------

Bone and Muscle in Woman’s Arm ‘Blown Away’ As Hundreds Injured on Backwater Bridge     22/11/2016

...  “The best-case scenario is no pain and ten to twenty percent functionality,” her father told The Guardian of the prognosis for use of her arm.

Wilanksy said his daughter underwent eight hours of surgery on Monday after the arteries, medial nerve, muscle and bone in her left arm were “blown away.”  ...

Democracy Now interviewed him today. For some reason it's not on youtube.

https://democracynow.org/2016/11/23/father_of_activist_injured_at_standing