Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

marlowe

We're Being Played - Our emotions are manipulated by persuasion & propaganda

marlowe    1,748

We're Being Played - Our emotions are manipulated by persuasion & propaganda

https://www.peakprosperity.com/blog/103565/were-being-played

The explosion of emotions triggered by the recent presidential election caught many off guard. Across the country, friendships have been lost, family members estranged, and hostility has boiled over in many communities.

In our consumer culture we're sold lots of things. Two weeks ago it might have been jeans and a TV, but last week it was fear. And Loathing. People were sold fear and loathing, and now it is ruining friendships, making people miserable, and driving the country apart.

I’m not going to spend a lot of time on the “why” of this story. The “why” is a mix of competing interests including simple commerce (fear sells), political gain, and creating divisiveness within the population for other purposes.  

So, what’s going on?

Sadly, in many cases, I think people have simply been manipulated in traumatic fashion and we're now dealing with the emotional and social repercussions. 

What do I mean by that?

In response to another comment on this site from a teacher whose students were expressing severe emotional distress over the Trump win, contributor Dave Fairtex offered these insights (emphasis mine):

(…)   His students' reaction is NOT about losing an election.  It's because these people watch media, and the (Clinton-controlled) media spent the last four months working overtime to program everyone in the country that Trump is a soulless monster come to eat them and their families, roasting their babies on a spit while laughing, and so on.

This emotional programming has been extremely effective.  That's why people are rioting now.  Not because they aren't good losers, but because they've been successfully emotionally programmed by the Clinton Campaign's media arm (CNN, CNBC, and millions of scary social media posts), who are very good at what they do.

Zireael    232

Mainstream television as always been straight brainwashing to me. The only time I watch TV is when my dear Habs are playing. Then again I can't help but see through all the propagangda and the agenda that is being pushed. I like watching movies, but it's always when i'm at a friend's house or with my family. I have to admit there are some pretty interesting documentaries airing too. It's not all evil I know.  The average sheep... eh human (sorry) is being controlled no doubt though.

If they said it on TV, then it must be absolutely true! That's the way of thinking of 99% of the population.

Here in Quebec the media was 100% pro Hillary. Constantly bashing Trump basically saying he was gonna cause the apocalypse. Now that he's elected the anti Trump agenda is still being pushed hard. If they continue like this they gonna force him to resign from his position. That's what they want. 

Lucy Barnable    5,365
2 hours ago, Zireael said:

Mainstream television as always been straight brainwashing to me. The only time I watch TV is when my dear Habs are playing. Then again I can't help but see through all the propagangda and the agenda that is being pushed. I like watching movies, but it's always when i'm at a friend's house or with my family. I have to admit there are some pretty interesting documentaries airing too. It's not all evil I know.  The average sheep... eh human (sorry) is being controlled no doubt though.

If they said it on TV, then it must be absolutely true! That's the way of thinking of 99% of the population.

Here in Quebec the media was 100% pro Hillary. Constantly bashing Trump basically saying he was gonna cause the apocalypse. Now that he's elected the anti Trump agenda is still being pushed hard. If they continue like this they gonna force him to resign from his position. That's what they want. 

I tossed the TV years ago and now when I see it on at a friends house or wherever it's strange.
I can easily spot the propaganda and the not so subliminal messages. Commercials are bizarre!

And yet the division is not entirely artificial. We had elections in my country recently too,  and the situation here is similar. One candidate is perceived as a good guy, the other one is proven beyond any doubt do be  evil, estabilishment candidate.

So, while they are probably both evil/estabilishment (And even if not, the system itself is so even a good politician won'tbe able to change much) and seemingly the division is unwise since both supporters are deluded more or less, there is still a huge difference.

One side is simply deluded, but they are mostly good people and mostly want real change. The other side? They are not just deluded, but also have lost any common sense, any sense of right and wrong. People who are comfortable with the evil status quo. Now that is not just brainwashing from TPTB and the MSM. These are real and huge differences among society. It's almost like there are people with souls and people without souls. What makes them different is not just a party or political figure they support. It's much deeper than that.

marlowe    1,748

Hi Guest......I agree with your statement here >> "  These are real and huge differences among society. It's almost like there are people with souls and people without souls. "

You ar a good writer.....Don't hesitate to post again....

lontime reader   
lontime reader

this thread puts a finger on what's on my mind.  Gotta fight the fear, somehow.  And stay away from 'the crazy people'

1 hour ago, marlowe said:

Hi Guest......I agree with your statement here >> "  These are real and huge differences among society. It's almost like there are people with souls and people without souls. "

You ar a good writer.....Don't hesitate to post again....

Thank you, definitely will, I love this place. I see no future in bigger "alternative" media, they are getting less "alternative" by the day.