Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

EMC2

Bus Driver Asked Kids If They're Ready To Die

Crazy looking driv   
Crazy looking driv

Who lets a 25 year old that looks like a crazy man drive a school bus?  It's horrible...

Talon    716

Family Of School Bus Driver Charged In Chattanooga Fatal Wreck Speaks Out

Walker was charged with vehicular homicide after the school bus he was driving wrecked in Chattanooga Monday killing five elementary school students.

Fant said his cousin was found covered in blood at the scene from trying to rescue the kids.

"He wanted to get some of them off the bus, but the scene was too violent," said Fant.

Investigators said Walker was speeding at the time of the wreck.

"It could be a possibility. That's what they kept saying," said Fant.

Was Walker driving under the influence? He's been tested, and results are pending.

Fant, who said he grew up with Walker, said his cousin doesn't drink or use drugs.

"Absolutely not. I'm confident to say no," said Fant.

He said Walker told him it was an accident.

"It was an accident. It was a misjudgment," said Fant.

It's something that's now devastated so many families. "My heart and our heart goes out to those families who lost those babies. I promise you," said Fant.

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/family-of-the-school-bus-drivers-in-chattanooga-fatal-wreck-speaks-out

Quick1966    1,240

Hmmm... Doesn't drink or do drugs. Ok then how the hell did the bus wind up wrapped around a tree? Unless there was a mechanical malfunction of some sort with the steering I just don't see how that happened. I guess we'll see as time and evidence comes out.

marlowe    1,748

This has been one of the top news stories today. A Black bus driver in Chattanooga, Tennessee killed six children and injured over 20 by driving in a grossly reckless manner.

From Chicago Tribune:

The driver of a school bus that was filled with elementary students when it crashed in Chattanooga, killing five children, has been arrested and faces charges including vehicular homicide, police said.

Calling the Monday afternoon crash “every public safety professional’s worst nightmare,” Chattanooga Police Chief Fred Fletcher told an overnight news conference that 24-year-old bus driver Johnthony Walker was charged with five counts of vehicular homicide. Walker was also charged with reckless driving and reckless endangerment.

Investigators were looking at speed “very, very strongly” as a factor in the crash, Fletcher said earlier. An arrest affidavit posted online by Chattanooga station WTVC says Walker was driving well above the posted 30 mph speed limit on a narrow, winding road. His bond was set at $107,500, according to the affidavit.

8008Sight    22
9 hours ago, Quick1966 said:

Hmmm... Doesn't drink or do drugs. Ok then how the hell did the bus wind up wrapped around a tree? Unless there was a mechanical malfunction of some sort with the steering I just don't see how that happened. I guess we'll see as time and evidence comes out.

He said he was hung over so sounds like he was drinking. Could of gotten suicidal and caught up in the moment/

Pics   
Pics

View images of crash again, windows dont bend they break.