Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Stan Hail

Anyone watch Monday Night Football last night (Texans vs Raiders) In Mexico City? Was the Fix in?

Stan Hail    213

If ever I have seen a fixed professional football game, this was the one.  There were repeated inexcusably bad calls on ball spots at critical times during the game. To the point it was even done on consecutive plays. One was even reviewed by video and upheld. I've watched a lot of football and this literally had my jaw dropping at how consistent the poor ball spotting was occurring and only against one team. There were also a couple of crucial non calls against the team that looked like it was intended to win. An obvious drop ruled a catch and even more bizarre a delay of game( they let the play clock expire before snapping the ball) that went by unflagged. Another thing that was peculiar was that coming into the game once team was the most penalized team in the league. The other was the least penalized coming into it. Guess what?  The team coming in least penalized received 7. The most penalized received 4. Sure that might be totally coincidence but combined with the incredibly poor and consistently one sided spotting of the ball it raised an eye brow to me. There are bad calls in the NFL all the time. Sometimes they play into the favor of one team. This isn't unusual. What made this unusual was that as the game came closer to the end the bad calls became more blatant and frequent. 

Another peculiar thing was that someone or maybe even a few people in stands kept shining a laser pointer about the size of water melon into the eyes of the quarterback of the team that the possible fix seemed to be against. This went on for awhile and the game was allowed to continue. Normally, I think for player safety alone this game is put on hold until the culprit(s) are found and apprehended. This combined with the seemingly biased ball spotting and penalizing all together really seemed to stand out to me.

The games final score ended up being 20-27 with the team the fix seemed to be in against losing and guess what?, the winning team beat the 6 point spread for gambling.

Maybe I was naive for thinking that sports fixing probably doesn't occur in the modern NFL and certainly not on as big of a stage as Monday Night Football or maybe I'm just putting a bunch of coincidences together and coming to an untruthful conclusion but if I were a betting man I'd bet the fix was in on that game.

Another thing about the game I'd like to mention that is a different topic is that prior to the game the network(espn) brought out a Mexican "social media expert" to warn the audience that due to twitter chatter or whatever, the crowd was likely to boo the US national anthem due to recent political changes in the US.   After the national anthem there was nothing but cheers. It seems to me the reasonable thing to do would have been to wait until after the booing then report it instead of telling the audience that people in Mexico harbor negative feelings about the US's recent "political changes" because some guy that read something on twitter says so.

Iamawake    241
On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎22 at 1:21 PM, Stan Hail said:

If ever I have seen a fixed professional football game, this was the one.  There were repeated inexcusably bad calls on ball spots at critical times during the game. To the point it was even done on consecutive plays. One was even reviewed by video and upheld. I've watched a lot of football and this literally had my jaw dropping at how consistent the poor ball spotting was occurring and only against one team. There were also a couple of crucial non calls against the team that looked like it was intended to win. An obvious drop ruled a catch and even more bizarre a delay of game( they let the play clock expire before snapping the ball) that went by unflagged. Another thing that was peculiar was that coming into the game once team was the most penalized team in the league. The other was the least penalized coming into it. Guess what?  The team coming in least penalized received 7. The most penalized received 4. Sure that might be totally coincidence but combined with the incredibly poor and consistently one sided spotting of the ball it raised an eye brow to me. There are bad calls in the NFL all the time. Sometimes they play into the favor of one team. This isn't unusual. What made this unusual was that as the game came closer to the end the bad calls became more blatant and frequent. 

Another peculiar thing was that someone or maybe even a few people in stands kept shining a laser pointer about the size of water melon into the eyes of the quarterback of the team that the possible fix seemed to be against. This went on for awhile and the game was allowed to continue. Normally, I think for player safety alone this game is put on hold until the culprit(s) are found and apprehended. This combined with the seemingly biased ball spotting and penalizing all together really seemed to stand out to me.

The games final score ended up being 20-27 with the team the fix seemed to be in against losing and guess what?, the winning team beat the 6 point spread for gambling.

Maybe I was naive for thinking that sports fixing probably doesn't occur in the modern NFL and certainly not on as big of a stage as Monday Night Football or maybe I'm just putting a bunch of coincidences together and coming to an untruthful conclusion but if I were a betting man I'd bet the fix was in on that game.

Another thing about the game I'd like to mention that is a different topic is that prior to the game the network(espn) brought out a Mexican "social media expert" to warn the audience that due to twitter chatter or whatever, the crowd was likely to boo the US national anthem due to recent political changes in the US.   After the national anthem there was nothing but cheers. It seems to me the reasonable thing to do would have been to wait until after the booing then report it instead of telling the audience that people in Mexico harbor negative feelings about the US's recent "political changes" because some guy that read something on twitter says so.

It happens in a lot more sports than football.

Stan Hail    213
50 minutes ago, Iamawake said:

Hey Stan, check this out...

http://www.thefixisin.net/index.html

I was previously familiar with Brian Touhy from I think coast to coast or somewhere although I haven't read any of his books . I don't watch many sports other than football and martial arts.  Of course boxing and MMA are historically rife with fixed matches but I have never seen a game that looked so obviously fixed in the NFL. It wasn't just a line judge or on the field referee either, it was even upheld with and instant replay review in one case which is looked at by another referee in New York or wherever. The thing that seems most surprising it was that it was done on the NFL's most national stage (Monday Night Football) during an international game. To me, if the fix is in it seems super ballsy/risky to try and pull it off on that stage over a regionally broadcast game.

Iamawake    241
2 hours ago, Stan Hail said:

I was previously familiar with Brian Touhy from I think coast to coast or somewhere although I haven't read any of his books . I don't watch many sports other than football and martial arts.  Of course boxing and MMA are historically rife with fixed matches but I have never seen a game that looked so obviously fixed in the NFL. It wasn't just a line judge or on the field referee either, it was even upheld with and instant replay review in one case which is looked at by another referee in New York or wherever. The thing that seems most surprising it was that it was done on the NFL's most national stage (Monday Night Football) during an international game. To me, if the fix is in it seems super ballsy/risky to try and pull it off on that stage over a regionally broadcast game.

Follow the money :yah: