Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

ANON

CON MAN DON

FlhxsGeek    65

I'd do the same thing.  Let Obama feel like there's no need to issue a blanket pardon.  Then once he's out send out the hounds.

Ronin    334
1 minute ago, FlhxsGeek said:

I'd do the same thing.  Let Obama feel like there's no need to issue a blanket pardon.  Then once he's out send out the hounds.

umm. in order for conman don to pursue her with a special prosecutor... he needs to be president. so then how would barry pardon her when he wouldn't be president at that point? he can't preemptively pardon her.

are people really this daft?

FlhxsGeek    65

He most certainly can blanket pardon her.  Go back and look at Nixon's pardon. It was for any future charges which may be brought against him during his time in the white house.

FlhxsGeek    65

If Obama were to grand a Pardon for any crimes which have been or may have been committed betweena specific dates, then there would be nothing Trump could do.  

Here's the Pardon from Ford:

Now, therefore, I, Gerald R. Ford, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from July (January) 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974.

Ronin    334

wow. so i just had to go have a look because to me that is the most ludicrous thing i've ever heard. so the american president has the same power as a dictator? that's f***ing insane. i don't know why i'm surprised by that.

"There is no restriction on a President pardoning himself. Richard Nixon considered pardoning himself in 1974, but he was already facing impeachment and a self-pardon would have guaranteed his conviction and removal. So he resigned and let Gerald Ford pardon him one month later."

but yeah a really quick scan seems to indicate that you are correct. so then i guess you'd expect barry will issue a pardon just before he leaves the house. i mean why wouldn't he?

FlhxsGeek    65

No problem, Being an old fart I remember the Pardon and how much of an uproar it was for just the reasons you state.  If he would have been impeached then a pardon wouldn't have done him any good.  As you can see the wording in Article II section 2 is pretty generic.  The benevolent side of me says Ford was doing what he thought was right for the country.  The CT side of me said it was to stop people from diving deeper into the rabbit hole which would have found more.

The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States; he may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments, upon any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.

BornUntamed   
BornUntamed

Im just going to quote my post from another thread:

I dont believe the MSM.  Until I hear it out of his own mouth then I'll believe it.  Is this a ploy to have no pardons happen then after he takes office...  BAM!  shes in jail?  not likely, but:

You cannot let lawlessness run rampant and now the precedent has been openly set by clintons, obama, lynch, comey, etc.  If Trump really wants to make an impression, then returning to the rule of law is necessary (considering he said many times in rallies he was bringing back law and order).  If he does nothing, then he basically gives a free pass to people openly destroying this country.

What this would prove by letting all this go is one of two things:

• The rule of law is no longer in effect in this country
  • We live in a slave society and the slavemasters are not subject to the laws of the slaves.

Neither of the above is acceptable

Ronin    334
2 minutes ago, BornUntamed said:

Im just going to quote my post from another thread:

so you didn't see this?

i mean it sure doesn't sound like it.

7 minutes ago, BornUntamed said:

What this would prove by letting all this go is one of two things:

• The rule of law is no longer in effect in this country
  • We live in a slave society and the slavemasters are not subject to the laws of the slaves.

Neither of the above is acceptable

unfortunately. both of those things are demonstratively true.

watch the following and let it sink in. please. and i'll beg if it'll help.