Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

CatDad

Sleep Paralysis Issue

CatDad    4

I am a 53 year old male, I have never had a problem with sleep accept for the lack thereof.  For about the last 6 weeks I have been suffering from sleep paralysis, virtually every night as well as on weekends when I take naps.

Always the same thing.  I feel like I am awake but cannot move or talk.  I will try my best to scream out for help and I did make some type of utterance that woke my wife, although she thought I was only having a nightmare.

It is getting so bad I am fearing going to sleep as the sleep paralysis triggers an extreme panic attack both during the episode and after I wake up.

Anyone else have an issue?

Ukshep    21,614
2 hours ago, CatDad said:

I am a 53 year old male, I have never had a problem with sleep accept for the lack thereof.  For about the last 6 weeks I have been suffering from sleep paralysis, virtually every night as well as on weekends when I take naps.

Always the same thing.  I feel like I am awake but cannot move or talk.  I will try my best to scream out for help and I did make some type of utterance that woke my wife, although she thought I was only having a nightmare.

It is getting so bad I am fearing going to sleep as the sleep paralysis triggers an extreme panic attack both during the episode and after I wake up.

Next time it happens. Start laughing....Let the laughing well up inside and enjoy the feeling even if you cannot speak or move. Whatever the true cause of sleep paralysis this should help to circumvent it. Or at least make it enjoyable. It is the fear that debilitates many!

CatDad    4
2 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Next time it happens. Start laughing....Let the laughing well up inside and enjoy the feeling even if you cannot speak or move. Whatever the true cause of sleep paralysis this should help to circumvent it. Or at least make it enjoyable. It is the fear that debilitates many!

That is a brilliant idea! Thanks!

Lucy Barnable    5,365

Hello CatDad and welcome!

I've had sleep paralysis on and off all my life.
What I find so strange about it is it's been reported in many cultures throughout time.
A lot of people also have what's call Old Hag Syndrome along with it.
A dark, nasty presence that approaches and sometimes touches.
It's what I call a spirit or energy feeder: A dimensional entity.

Shep's suggestion of laughing your way out of it is a good one. I'll give it try the next time.
But for me the terror is so encompassing it may be difficult to think clearly at that time. What I do is count.
Simple I know and I'm not sure if that shortens the duration of it but it's something easy for me to focus on.
Someone else here suggested focusing on moving just one finger. I forgot to do that last time it happened though. lol

Walk Softly    2,830
On 11/21/2016 at 2:42 PM, CatDad said:

I had this happen one time in my life a couple years ago.  I had been away for work for several weeks.  When I got home, I was exhausted.  A day or two after I got home I fell asleep on the couch one afternoon.  My wife was sitting next to me watching TV.  

It is absolutely terrifying.  I don't consider myself to be one that easily scares, but this is the stuff nightmares are made of.  Literally.  

I was in the same boat.  I was trying with all my might and will power to scream.  My wife kept looking at me, giving me strange looks.  Turns out, she thought I was having a crazy dream and she could hear me making a very subtle, but strange noise.  Once I snapped out of it, I was out of breath and in a state of utter confusion.  

I have a thought though, now that I know what it is, I can probably enjoy it if it ever happens again.  Think about it, you know it will turn out just fine.  You've been through it how many times now?  

Just remind yourself throughout the day, everyday, that if it happens, you'll be just fine.  Literally convince youself.  Because I bet you could have surreal out of body or lucid moments in that state!!  Think positive!  

Living in fear is no life at all.  Oh, and if you ever experience something like what Lucy mentioned with the Old Hag syndrome... just call out Jesus' name and ask for help.  It will go away instantly.  Whether you believe in God or not.  

Cryptic Mole    4,551

They cannot know your thoughts. That's why they make sure they have you controlled by paralysis so you cannot speak. Otherwise, they fear the utterance of the name Yahweh even though most people wouldn't even realize the power they wield with that name. However, the Angels of Heaven can hear/know your thoughts, so ask them to rescue you and they will. No verbal communication needed.

You should also consider that sometimes when this appears to be happening, you may very well be in the midsts of an abduction. They are not aliens per se', but fallen angels and/or their demon helpers instead. Thus all the interdimensional bullshit feelings going on.

The same applies for either of these two situations.

Note: You are also an interdimensional being as well. You're just not used to being out of your element, but you'd get comfortable real fast when being forced to operate in that area enough. That's when you'll learn to rule, and I would hardly doubt that they would even bother with you after that out of fear of retaliation.