Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Zireael

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to drop by and say hello to the community!

For a quick presentation you can call me Michael. I'm 20 years old from Quebec, Canada. A writing, reading and video game lover. I love learning. I'm a long time lurker, so even though ya'll don't know me i'm quite a bit familiar with all of you lol, the adaptation should be easy. I finally decided to join yesterday, and I just went through the setup of my profile today. You won't see me post much in the current events & news forum but I read pretty much everything. My spiritual quest through time and space has led me to find out that alot of current events are distracting me from my goals more than anything. I prefer to focus on myself and change the world around me through my actions and attitude. 

So that's it, i'ma keep it short and sweet y'all will notice as time goes by that I tend to drag on when i'm writing and it often finishes in walls of text :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you and wish you a nice day/evening!

2 hours ago, Zireael said:

Just wanted to drop by and say hello to the community!

For a quick presentation you can call me Michael. I'm 20 years old from Quebec, Canada. A writing, reading and video game lover. I love learning. I'm a long time lurker, so even though ya'll don't know me i'm quite a bit familiar with all of you lol, the adaptation should be easy. I finally decided to join yesterday, and I just went through the setup of my profile today. You won't see me post much in the current events & news forum but I read pretty much everything. My spiritual quest through time and space has led me to find out that alot of current events are distracting me from my goals more than anything. I prefer to focus on myself and change the world around me through my actions and attitude. 

So that's it, i'ma keep it short and sweet y'all will notice as time goes by that I tend to drag on when i'm writing and it often finishes in walls of text :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you and wish you a nice day/evening!

Welcome Michael.

I love your attitude! Looking forward to seeing you interact :D

Welcome Michael! Do you live in Montreal?

Bienvenue à COP ... agréable de vous avoir en tant que membre de notre famille ( yea....I know french and french Canadian are different but I thought I would give it a try anyway)

Nice to have you join us.

:heartflowers:

1 hour ago, CGK said:

Welcome Michael! Do you live in Montreal?

Bienvenue à COP ... agréable de vous avoir en tant que membre de notre famille ( yea....I know french and french Canadian are different but I thought I would give it a try anyway)

Nice to have you join us.

:heartflowers:

@Ukshep Thanks for the welcome!

Your french is actually good! Or was it Google? :tongue: Honestly I always appreciate people trying to speak french, we're always told it's one of the toughest to learn apparently. And no, i'm from Trois-Rivières, just inbetween Quebec City and Montreal. I had the chance to live in Edmonton for about 2 years when I was a kid and it's where I learned most of english. :)

I took french in school for 7 years but I cheated a bit when I responded to you. I can speak better than I can write. But I completely understand the difference between speaking French and speaking French Canadian. Its 2 different languages..as you know.

My best friend of 20 years is a Canadian. She was raised a prairie girl who has also lived in Montreal and Toronto. Now she lives in a cottage a couple hours north of Toronto.

If I was a Canadian I would be a Maritimer. I love Nova Scotia but probably belong in Newfoundland. I have no problem with people comparing me to a Newfie. LOL

Lets have a beer!

Welcome Z, glad you finally came out of the shadows.

There was a time when Z words could hardly be found, but no longer is that the case. They are everywhere now, "BUT" there was a time when they even removed it because it was so infrequently used.

Why Was Z Removed from the Alphabet? http://blog.dictionary.com/z/

Don't ask me why I wound up there, but you'll get to know that's pretty much how I am with my writings... lol.

18 hours ago, CGK said:

I took french in school for 7 years but I cheated a bit when I responded to you. I can speak better than I can write. But I completely understand the difference between speaking French and speaking French Canadian. Its 2 different languages..as you know.

My best friend of 20 years is a Canadian. She was raised a prairie girl who has also lived in Montreal and Toronto. Now she lives in a cottage a couple hours north of Toronto.

If I was a Canadian I would be a Maritimer. I love Nova Scotia but probably belong in Newfoundland. I have no problem with people comparing me to a Newfie. LOL

Lets have a beer!

Sorry for the late reply, went to bed early last night. I'm actually surprised to hear you can speak french better than you can write it. Then again with all those complicated grammar rules I understand why. It's actually quite the opposite for me and english. I could write a book if I wanted to, but I still have problems with speaking the language fluently. I can still hold a conversation though, just gotta speak slower.

While Nova Scotia and the Maritimes are beautiful, it gets real cold in winter due to the oceanic currents. I'm not a winter guy at all and can barely endure Quebec's climate as it is now LOL. I'm still going to the ice rink to play hockey atleast 4-5 times a week though. 

:cheers:

@Lucy Barnable  Thank you!

@Cryptid Mold I always love the bits of knowledge you're dropping in every post! 

Welcome aboard .. It's always nice to see young people take a interest in world issues .

You will pick up on a lot here .

:ravingbananas:

wow

Welcome. For all you know, your now on a 3 letter acronym agencies list now lol. Kind of scary to think about.