Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Zuckerberg Just Revealed Facebook’s 7-Point Plan to Censor “Fake News” and It’s Chilling

Ukshep    25,442

Until corporate media and the neoliberal establishment refused to acknowledge their direct role in the election of Donald Trump and threw a temper-tantrum about misinformation on social media to scapegoat blame, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg balked at the notion faulty reports circulating on social media had anything at all to do with the November 8th shocker.

“Of all the content on Facebook, more than 99 percent of what people see is authentic. Only a very small amount is fake news and hoaxes,” Zuckerberg wrote in a post to his platform last Saturday. “The hoaxes that do exist are not limited to one partisan view, or even to politics. Overall, this makes it extremely unlikely hoaxes changed the outcome of this election in one direction or the other.”

Now, rather than stand by that original assertion, Zuckerberg instead cast all logic aside and unleashed a Machiavellian seven-point plan to eradicate the “very small amount” of false information — read: all opinion not in lock step with the establishment narrative — from the newsfeeds of Facebook’s billion-plus users.

Because, apparently, we can’t be trusted to think for ourselves.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/facebook-censor-fake-news-zuckerberg/#fYLXMCMTP08L2pKs.99

The signs of online oppression are becoming more and more clear as time goes on! We must be vigilant. And be ready! Because when the hammer finally drops. It will impact everyone! For instance in the uk. Social engineering has led to so many now accepted arrests for online content. A lot of it harmless i shit you not! So a full lock down wont be far off.

Maidenmate91    238

Then everyone, and I mean EVERYONE should delete fb!! Enough is Enough! We need to step on these f***er's throats, and show them we don't need any of it!

Ukshep    25,442
50 minutes ago, Maidenmate91 said:

Then everyone, and I mean EVERYONE should delete fb!! Enough is Enough! We need to step on these f***er's throats, and show them we don't need any of it!

The alternative social media is rising. Gab.ai for one is amazing so far. They are just upgrading servers and scaling up now due to the massive influx. And man its refreshing to see real human beings talk again! It makes twitter look like a politically correct matrix of disinfo! oh wait... it is. Just we've never had anything to compare it to.

Now we do. f*** twitter. May it burn in the fires started by those who give a damn!

Funny...if 99 percent of what people see is authentic, then that would mean people have been influenced by the truth and not the hoaxes, right? I mean, 1% is nothing, there is no way it could influence elections.

grav   
grav

I rely on FB for much of my FE research and communication. If Big Brother cracks down on free speech, then FE is a gone pecan. Groupthink will be even more pervasive than it is now. And now is pretty damn scary. Modern people are more superstitious and gullible than ancient and medieval man. Put it on tv and snap! It's true, and if you say the 911 buildings were an inside job, then you-you-you, you're crazy. 

This is still a free speech alley, thank goodness. The other places are Sheeple Outposts. I said that on LOP. Lotsa zombies there. GLP too, and shills who work for Zuckerberg too.

Ronin    334
26 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

The alternative social media is rising. Gab.ai for one is amazing so far. They are just upgrading servers and scaling up now due to the massive influx. And man its refreshing to see real human beings talk again! It makes twitter look like a politically correct matrix of disinfo! oh wait... it is. Just we've never had anything to compare it to.

Now we do. f*** twitter. May it burn in the fires started by those who give a damn!

if it takes off and they didn't create it initially (yeah the "they" ... that "they") they'll sure as shit buy it, and change it.

i know. i'm the resident pessimist. and truthfully i don't actually like the job. it's depressing. for all involved. but.... whatchagonnado. the reality is what it is. we're so f***ed.

Ukshep    25,442
32 minutes ago, Ronin said:

if it takes off and they didn't create it initially (yeah the "they" ... that "they") they'll sure as shit buy it, and change it.

i know. i'm the resident pessimist. and truthfully i don't actually like the job. it's depressing. for all involved. but.... whatchagonnado. the reality is what it is. we're so f***ed.

I hope they try... As always when it comes to free speech and controlled websites... Well.... I like to think of the situation like this! You have to keep it fluid. Always on the move. On the rise. When one sits still or owns something. People will come and it will naturally become corrupt.

Look at me and cinnamon. We set out to bring forward a good platform. We know for a fact they will come. They will initiate what we expect. But free speech must reign supreme. Cry babies have to be ignored instead of pampered too. Although each case is analyzed individually so that fairness also reigns supreme! And all actions must be taken with zero emotion. All for the good of everyone.

However once a site becomes too large for the owners and a team of people to run then owners will naturally lose the ability to control the flow of information (Not a bad thing, If the controllers are on your side). This is both good and bad. It allows for people who normally would not to be exposed for what they are. To be exposed! But it also increases the chances of evil people getting into mod positions as stress and pressure builds with the workload. And one mod with an agenda can ruin an entire goal of a site.

But in all honesty most of the time it leads back to the owners and who they are! The above are all symptoms! Once a site reaches a certain size. It is impossible for single or dual owners to cover and see all therefore they cannot ensure the template they set out with is followed exactly. Usually this leads to overworking and then eventually to not caring. This then usually leads to detachment from caring about users and a shift in the mind to "I'm only doing this for the money, im sick of this shit!" at which point a site becomes a business instead of a passion and like smells in the air it lingers a while. You can smell it. And walking through it disrupts it. And eventually it just vanishes!

Only one way sites can stay free and they need strong leaders!

• Strong Willed Leadership that will not falter under pressure and over time

This is why new sites continuously rise and knock big ones out! Because he who has the passion. He who cares and is passionate. Will stay the course! And that is what we need! And that is what most of these big ones have lost!

If i can last a decade before my mind breaks... I'll be happy! And as i have always said! If i become what i hate. I'll just step away! I'm here to do good and fix a community that has been destroyed from within. I'm not here to power-trip or rake in the dough either.

Worlds got enough assholes without me adding to it. We all have a choice in life. A choice in who we want to be. It's time more started choosing the side of good. Sure its hard. Sure it does not pay as well as soros. But f***! when i die. I'll die with a smile on my face. And that is all that counts at the end of the day is it not!

/rant

Ronin    334
19 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Look at me and cinnamon. We set out to bring forward a good platform.

well to me it would seem you've easily achieved your goal. this is a brilliant site, mate. and i've seen plenty. seriously. 10 out 10. congrats to you both.

Ukshep    25,442
3 minutes ago, Ronin said:

well to me it would seem you've easily achieved your goal. this is a brilliant site, mate. and i've seen plenty. seriously. 10 out 10. congrats to you both.

Achieving things is easy! Sustaining it... whole other ball game :D

But thanks...

Also i realize something now. Something interesting enough to warrant sharing that is!

Good people will sacrifice in a way so that others can have. Evil people are so selfish they make sure that others cannot have. It all comes down to a basic simple question we can all ask ourselves!

What am i willing to sacrifice? If you list a lot of things.... Well done you're most likely a good person.... if you didn't then....... you have evil tendencies... best get that checked!

This seems foolproof! Also seems to fit left vs right agenda. Those who will sacrifice tend to be conservatives. Those who will not tend to be liberals.

Hmm..... balance. I am reminded of it daily in everything i see and do. The universe always finds a way!

Tarmalen    1,320
58 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I hope they try... As always when it comes to free speech and controlled websites... Well.... I like to think of the situation like this! You have to keep it fluid. Always on the move. On the rise. When one sits still or owns something. People will come and it will naturally become corrupt.

Look at me and cinnamon. We set out to bring forward a good platform. We know for a fact they will come. They will initiate what we expect. But free speech must reign supreme. Cry babies have to be ignored instead of pampered too. Although each case is analyzed individually so that fairness also reigns supreme! And all actions must be taken with zero emotion. All for the good of everyone.

However once a site becomes too large for the owners and a team of people to run then owners will naturally lose the ability to control the flow of information (Not a bad thing, If the controllers are on your side). This is both good and bad. It allows for people who normally would not to be exposed for what they are. To be exposed! But it also increases the chances of evil people getting into mod positions as stress and pressure builds with the workload. And one mod with an agenda can ruin an entire goal of a site.

But in all honesty most of the time it leads back to the owners and who they are! The above are all symptoms! Once a site reaches a certain size. It is impossible for single or dual owners to cover and see all therefore they cannot ensure the template they set out with is followed exactly. Usually this leads to overworking and then eventually to not caring. This then usually leads to detachment from caring about users and a shift in the mind to "I'm only doing this for the money, im sick of this shit!" at which point a site becomes a business instead of a passion and like smells in the air it lingers a while. You can smell it. And walking through it disrupts it. And eventually it just vanishes!

Only one way sites can stay free and they need strong leaders!

• Strong Willed Leadership that will not falter under pressure and over time

This is why new sites continuously rise and knock big ones out! Because he who has the passion. He who cares and is passionate. Will stay the course! And that is what we need! And that is what most of these big ones have lost!

If i can last a decade before my mind breaks... I'll be happy! And as i have always said! If i become what i hate. I'll just step away! I'm here to do good and fix a community that has been destroyed from within. I'm not here to power-trip or rake in the dough either.

Worlds got enough assholes without me adding to it. We all have a choice in life. A choice in who we want to be. It's time more started choosing the side of good. Sure its hard. Sure it does not pay as well as soros. But f***! when i die. I'll die with a smile on my face. And that is all that counts at the end of the day is it not!

/rant

:yourock:

Post of the day.

Like being a raid leader or General of an Army of "insert newest game since the 90's here" the amount of effort involved is only driven by passion. Eventually the constant BS wears you down (and the game gets old) until eventually you just shout over your shoulder "deal with it" as you walk away. Moderating is even less rewarding as people see you as  "insert personal demon here" when you disagree or enforce. With almost 30 years experience I can personally say that I enjoy this side far more than the other. I also have the bonus personal experience of skirting the line and infuriating mods at times. :mischieftroll:

P.S. Want MOAR emoticons or I will curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep! You have been warned! 

WHO DOESN'T HAVE A HALO OVER HEAD EMOTICON?!?!?!ONE?!!ELEVEN!?!

Ukshep    25,442
13 minutes ago, Tarmalen said:

I also have the bonus personal experience of skirting the line and infuriating mods at times

Don't we know it!

13 minutes ago, Tarmalen said:

P.S. Want MOAR emoticons or I will curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep! You have been warned! 

Gimme some general idea's and i'll go hunting :D

Tarmalen    1,320
39 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Don't we know it!

Gimme some general idea's and i'll go hunting :D

Will do once I finish doing the dreaded work stuff.