Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

CSB

Edward Snowden Breaks His Silence, Room Falls Silent After His New NSA Announcement

CSB    2,446

I personally think Snowden did a great deed for the people of America . I am thankful for what he has done . On a legal scale " That is bull shit" he broke the law, but for the correct reasons. On a moral scale he is a great hero ..

Edward Snowden Breaks His Silence, Room Falls Silent After His New NSA Announcement

Posted by Elliot Bougis | Nov 17, 2016

“So you mean my only options are awful?”

When I was a child, I thought as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Okay, I admit: not all my childish things.

The first time I ever tried a carbonated drink, I felt like I was going to die–coughing, spluttering, sneezing, crying. It took me years to learn to enjoy soda, but eventually, I admit, I became addicted to it for a while.

Now, though?

Now I’m mostly indifferent to it. I don’t hate it like when I was a kid, but also don’t love it like when I was a teenager.

Well, strange as it may sound, my feelings about soda are a lot like my feelings about Edward Snowden.

When I first heard about his story, I was instantly outraged: “What a traitor!”

He only added insult to injury when he requested and was given asylum in Russia: “A traitor and a Russian mole!!”

Over the years, as I learned more about how invasive the Patriot Act had been, and how intrusive the NSA was even under a supposed liberal “civil rights advocate” like Obama, my opinion of Snowden also began changing.

Maybe he wasn’t so bad, after all.

Or, at least, maybe he deserved some sympathy for choosing between two horrible options. On the one hand, he could have kept his mouth shut and kept drawing a very ample salary for helping the government to spy on its own citizens. On the other hand, he could break his non-disclosure agreement and clearance protocols by blowing the whistle on a government that was treating its citizens more like enemies than neighbors.

Link to the whole fricken post : https://conservativedailypost.com/edward-snowden-breaks-his-silence-room-falls-silent-after-his-new-nsa-announcement/

Iamawake    241

Or, at least, maybe he deserved some sympathy for choosing between two horrible options. On the one hand, he could have kept his mouth shut and kept drawing a very ample salary for helping the government to spy on its own citizens. On the other hand, he could break his non-disclosure agreement and clearance protocols by blowing the whistle on a government that was treating its citizens more like enemies than neighbors.

:yah:

CSB    2,446
1 minute ago, Iamawake said:

:yah:

I love America and the ideals of the American dream ; I support the Constitution it has become my bible of life in the flesh  . Believe me if I was to know of the corruption in government I would use a fog horn over a whistle  ...

Iamawake    241
5 minutes ago, CSB said:

I love America and the ideals of the American dream ; I support the Constitution it has become my bible of life in the flesh  . Believe me if I was to know of the corruption in government I would use a fog horn over a whistle  ...

I hear ya. I enjoyed the movie, gave a different perspective on his life, and events surrounding it. As far as movies go, take with a grain of salt.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=snowden+full+movie+on+youtube&view=detail&mid=A2B314FE2849AAB269F6A2B314FE2849AAB269F6&FORM=VIRE